Assistant Residential Director
Assistant Residential Director
This position reports directly to the Residential Director and will be responsible for the following duties. Responsible for monitoring all aspects of Arc Human Services' residential facilities and for assuring that the physical, emotional and programmatic needs of the clients are met. Responsible for providing ongoing supervision and support of approximately two Program Specialists and in their absence, will delegate or perform their duties as necessary Must carry an emergency cell phone twenty-four (24) hours per day, seven (7) days per week. This position requires 50% travel throughout Washington County.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Review and approve facility schedules in advance to assure maintenance adequate staffing patterns at all times.
- Provide direction to Program Specialists and Residential program Managers in staff disciplinary matters as needed.
- Provide guidelines to program Specialists in preparing performance evaluations. At staff's request, may meet to review and clarify disputed evaluation items.
- Assure that all applicable County and State regulations regarding physical plant issues are complied with at all times.
- Assist in preparation of the agency's operating program budget in coordination with other management staff, assuring accurate and efficient planning for adequate staffing patterns and facility resources.
- Participate, when appropriate, with investigations in allegations of abuse, staff misconduct, or unusual incidents following program procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Responsible for the direct supervision of all Residential Program Specialist.
- Will orient and training immediate subordinates in departmental procedures. Will provide ongoing supervision and evaluation during the orientation period and on a continuing basis.
- Must provide for routine assessment of training needs of subordinate staff.
- Final approval of overtime requests for the direct care staff.
- Investigate and document staff grievances or alleged misconduct of any staff being supervised.
- Effectively communicate / coordinate all relevant information to appropriate staff.
- Run monthly meetings with the Residential Site Managers.
- Hold monthly meetings with the Program Specialists.
- Attend house meeting as necessary to provide support and any necessary clarification
- Meet with the Residential program Director as needed to review status of job responsibilities and current tasks.
- Through regular contact with clients, families, and staff, assess the agency's ongoing ability to provide a therapeutic environment for individual clients including, but not limited to, day / vocational services, physical and emotional health care needs, recreational and leisure pursuits, etc., which are designed to promote independence and dignity.
- Provide assistance to Program Specialist sin addressing more complex, short-term or long-term client needs. Provide interventions and accessing specialized treatment modalities.
- Will monitor physical aspects of residential sites for safety and cleanliness in compliance with agency program standards.
- Will coordinate residential site preparations for monitoring and licensing inspections, assuring compliance with all applicable state and country regulations.
- Will review incident reports, unusual incident reports, medication errors, and assure that appropriate follow up action is completed. Will ensure reports in HCSIS are completed and finalized.
- While this job description identified the major responsibilities of this position, it does not include all potential duties that may be assigned or needed for the efficient operations of the agency. This job description may be subject to modifications to reflect changes in the requirements of functions of the position. The position is also responsible for all other applicable duties as assigned by the Residential Program Director.
- Promotes and adheres to the relevant elements of the compliance program and exercises objective judgment and decisive thinking in complying with, and in the application of, all organization and program policies, practices and procedures including ethics, business practices, and compliance program elements.
- Comply with all applicable federal, state, local laws and regulations, policies and procedures and reports any concerns about compliance practices.
This position will directly supervise at least two Program Specialists.
Valid driver's license with at least a three-year clean driving record.
Act 33 and 34 clearances.
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
Masters Degree in Social Work is preferred however a Bachelors Degree with ten (10) years of related experience will be considered.