Child Therapist (High School Diploma, Associates, or Bachelor's Degree)
Community Psychiatric Centers is currently seeking responsible, caring, and dedicated people to work with children with autism or behavioral health issues.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide direct care therapeutic services and specialized care in daily living, social and recreational activities.
- Provide assistance and support to foster maximum independence of individuals with their daily life skills, and emotional and behavioral health need.
- Participate in the development and implementation of the individual support plan.
- Ensure the safety and well-being of the individuals.
- Assist and encourage individuals to engage in various activities in the home and community.
- Observe individuals' behaviors and intervene to promote adaptive functioning, utilize prescribed strategies to assist the individual, and document and report accordingly.
- Maintain various records regarding individuals.
- REQUIRED SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- High School Diploma, Associates, or Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university in a related field.
- Two Years experience working with children preferred
Therapists working with children and/or adults with behavioral health issues, or autism play a critical and essential role in providing quality support services one-on-one with those with special needs in the home or community setting, which includes activities such as helping an individual manage their emotions and behavior, and work through daily routines. The candidate must be compassionate, motivated to help those with special needs, be a quick learner, and dedicated to providing quality support.
Willing to work with clients in the home, on-the-job, or in the community
Competitive pay, supervision, training, and wonderful opportunity to enhance your career and skills.
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Hours per week:
- Less than 10
- Offices in Monroeville, Wilkinsburg, McCandless, Greensburg, and Monessen
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable -- more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented -- enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible -- enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction