Customer Service Representative
Work from home available after training period.
Summary: This position is responsible for direct communication with customers, handling customer questions, taking inbound calls, making outbound calls and taking applications over the phone for Dollar Energy’s programs. Requires an individual who has outstanding customer service skills and ability to use computer systems.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Includes the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Perform day-to-day activities of the program under the supervision of the Team Leader, CSR, including:
- Recognizes and respects diversity among coworkers and customers.
- Enrolls customers in the Customer Assistance Program.
- Educates customers on the benefits of timely payments in CAP.
- Advises customers of other available resources (i.e. PA 2-1-1; call your electric company for CAP, etc.).
- Answers incoming calls regarding termination and service restoration.
- Advises customers of application process for LIHEAP.
- Recertifies customers in the Customer Assistance Program.
- Takes inbound calls from customers, assists customers with questions and resolving problems related to program participation.
- Completes customer applications using the telephone and determines customer eligibility for relevant programs.
- Correctly follows workflow in programs software systems to complete tasks as assigned.
- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations by using appropriate de-escalation tactics.
- Responds promptly to customer needs.
- Adheres to program guidelines and procedures, as established by Dollar Energy.
- Maintains and updates customer accounts using the Dollar Energy computer systems.
- Properly documents contact with all customers.
- Handles work assignments as assigned by Workforce Management or Team Leader-CSR.
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Dollar Energy Fund, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate in employment practices on the basis of race, color, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, and related medical conditions), age religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, familial status, citizenship, military/veteran status, association with a person with a disability, GED status, and any other protected characteristic under federal, state, or local law.
Dollar Energy Fund, Inc. provides modification/reasonable accommodation to disabled individuals to assist in the hiring process and to qualified individuals with disabilities in the performance of essential job function, as required by federal, state, and local law.
Starting Rate: $14/hour