Accounts Receivable Specialist
Rated One of the Greater Pittsburgh Top Workplaces 2021
Job Summary: The Accounts Receivable Specialist is Finance and Administration Department that is responsible for Cash Receipts, Merchant Receipts, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger Postings, Staffing Accounts Receivable, and Certain Payable Transaction processing for corporate vendor accounts as well as general administrative duties. The position interfaces with internal departments as well as customers and vendors.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Record and application of all cash receipts into the GP system – timely and accurately on a daily basis, including being the primary processor of credit card transactions.
- Maintain collections and dating of customer accounts coordinating with various departments ensuring the timely payment of invoices.
- Maintenance of customer accounts including debit and credit memos in additional to refunds and authorized write-off of miscellaneous amounts.
- Deposit checks via scanner and verify deposits with online bank account
- Responsible for collections and follow-up with customers by phone, fax, or written correspondence
- Month End Reconciliations and Sales Analysis
- Open, sort and distribute incoming mail
- Answer and route inbound phone calls
- Provide interdepartmental support
- Attend and participate in Departmental, Company meetings, when required
- Associate Degree in Accounting or equivalent experience
- Computer proficiency (Enterprise system software and Microsoft office products)
- Customer service experience – good verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Problem solving abilities
- Self-motivated/ team player
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Professional business-casual office environment
- Full-time position, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (normally)
- No travel involved
What We Offer:
- Salary that is commensurate with experience
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- 401K program with Safe Harbor match
- Company-paid life and long-term disability insurance
- Business casual work environment
Fire Fighter Sales and Service Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran, or military status.