Entry Level Sprinkler Designer
Rated One of the 2020 & 2021 Top Workplaces in the Greater Pittsburgh Area
The Entry Level Sprinkler Designer: produce material submittals, lay out new fire sprinkler piping for relocating or adding sprinkler heads using architectural drawings to develop fire sprinkler drawings, which includes producing accurate and effective construction FP plans for approval by AHJ. Upon completion of drawings and receipt of all required approvals, prepare an accurate stock listing of all materials required for the project and requisition same.
From $17 an hour
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Perform Administrative duties while learning the fire protection trade and the process of design and construction.
- Assist in and learn the design function of projects, and design small projects, coordinating efforts with lead designer on creating stock listings.
- Perform Pre-Design functions: Flow tests, submittals, document processing, plan review and permitting process.
- Process and track submittals, drawings, equipment and permits.
- Generate and process test certificates.
- Generate and process as-builts, O&M's, and other close out documents.
- Organize and maintain electronic files for projects.
- Assist lead designer with site surveys, site meetings and site drawing verification.
- Obtain NICET Certifications.
- Assist in estimating and operations as needed.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Basic computer skills
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software
- Strong analytical and mathematical aptitude
- Good organizational skills
- Self-starter and be able to operate in a team environment
- Learn NFPA codes
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Office environment
- Work offsite at customer facilities – may be clean/unclean conditions, hot/cold conditions.
- Field sites where PPE safety equipment may need to be worn
- Work may include some significant amounts of standing and walking
What we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits following 30 days of employment
- Paid PTO during your first year
- 7 paid holidays
- 401K plan with Safe Harbor Match
- Company-paid life insurance, long term disability insurance
- Option to purchase supplemental benefits
- Referral program
Direct Applicants Only -No Third Party Recruiters-
Fire Fighter Sales and Service Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.