Fire Extinguisher Service Technician
Rated One of the Greater Pittsburgh Top Workplaces 2020 & 2021
The Fire Extinguisher Service Technician is responsible for the service and sales of fire extinguishers, emergency lighting, fire hoses, kitchen fire suppression systems, and any related Life Safety items deemed applicable. The technician acts as a liaison between the customers and the company by providing exceptional customer service. This position interfaces with customers, the Customer Service Department, and shop technicians at the department manager’s direction.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Complete scheduled work as assigned in the shop or at customer facilities
- Operate, maintain, test, and recharge fire extinguishing equipment
- Prepare and review work orders and recommendations with customers
- Perform semi-annual kitchen suppression system inspections
- Perform exit and emergency light inspection/repair
- Provide fire extinguisher training for customers
- Attend departmental, planning, and company meetings
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Acceptable driving record (last 3 years), maintain acceptable driving record
- Onsite experience, customer service, and sales
- Scheduling and routing planning experience
- Experience working with hand tools
- Basic Computer knowledge
- Ability to lift 75+ lbs.
- Ability to stand/walk for up to 8 hours and work from a ladder as needed
- Maintain a neat and orderly service vehicle and inventory
- Mechanical aptitude
- Problem solving ability
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Must be a team player
- Must meet service time standard goals
- Must obtain service certifications deemed necessary
- Work offsite at customer facilities – may be clean/unclean conditions, hot/cold conditions
- Work in the company shop when directed, full or partial days
- Use of company vehicle
- Work may include a lot of walking, climbing ladders, climbing stairs
- Work may be outdoors and may include inclement weather
- Must wear steel-toed shoes
Scheduling requirements of this position:
- Able to work a minimum of 40 hours per week, overtime may be required.
- Primary window of availability from 6:00 AM – 4:00 PM. Shop work will generally occur from 6:30 AM to 3:00 PM.
- Communicate availability of early morning, evenings, or overnight with manager in weekly or 2-week periods minimum.
- A company vehicle will be provided, as such, up to 2 hours daily of unpaid commute time may be required.
Fire Fighter Sales and Service Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran, or military status.