Rated One of the 2020 & 2021 Top Workplaces
Job Summary: The Service Sales Representative is responsible for prospecting developing new customers, customer development to include upselling and multi-line development of services, providing and negotiating pricing for inspection contracts and will work closely with the Sales Manager, Marketing Manager, Operations Manager, and Customer Service to ensure customer satisfaction. This position is an integral part of our Sales Team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Develop expertise of fire protection equipment and services, security system, camera and access control systems.
- Responsible for making sales calls to new prospective customers.
- Responsible for maintaining an active pipeline of activity that will ensure meeting sales plan/goals assigned.
- Responsible for making sales calls to current customers to expand our Inspection and Service business (add on sales). Responsible for converting construction installation customers into service customers.
- Representing the organization at on-site visits, trainings, trade shows, and other company focused activities which may occur outside normal business hours.
- Keeping up with marketing opportunities through sales calls, networking, and other market related information.
- Continue to further develop industry technical knowledge through internal training, ride-a-longs, with field personnel and reviewing technical material.
- Expected to lead customer presentations, “lunch and learns” and other relationship building meetings.
- This position will reside outside of the office visiting customers and new prospects. Time in the office will be utilized for weekly meetings and any administrative responsibilities. Position will work closely with the Operations Manager and Marketing Manager.
- Attend departmental meetings.
- Attend planning meetings-long range plan and development.
- High School diploma (college preferred)
- 3-5 years sales experience that includes sales skills: prospect development, contact scheduling, identifying buying signs, negotiating, closing the sale, etc.
- Ability to build customer relationships and provide outstanding customer service
- Computer proficient (MS Office)
- Must be highly organized and detail-oriented
- Must be self-motivated and success-driven
- Ability to work as a team player and dedicated to company profitability
- Possess superior marketing and written/verbal communication skills (people person)
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Office environment and daylight hours - some overtime may be required
- Off-site at customers’ facilities majority of the time
What we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits following 30 days of employment
- Paid PTO during your first year
- 7 paid holidays
- 401K plan with Safe Harbor-matched funds
- Company-logo work attired provided
- Company-paid life insurance, long term disability insurance
- Option to purchase supplemental benefits
- Referral program
- Direct Hires Only. No Third Party Recruiters -
Fire Fighter Sales and Service Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran or military status.