Rated One of the 2021 & 2022Top Workplaces in the Greater Pittsburgh Area
Job Summary: The Sprinkler Designer plans and lays out fire sprinkler systems using architectural drawings to develop fire sprinkler drawings and calculation, which includes producing accurate and effective construction plans for approval. Upon completion of drawings and receipt of all required approvals, designers prepare an accurate stock listing of all materials required for the project and requisition same.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Design and layout of sprinkler systems – Hydracad software experience a plus
- Read and interpret construction documents and apply applicable NFPA standards
- Coordinate sprinkler system piping with structural, architectural, mechanical, plumbing, and electrical building components/systems
- Perform hydraulic piping calculations
- Perform job site field checks
- Perform project management duties: order materials, submit detailed drawings and product data to authority having jurisdiction.
- Upon completion of project, compile operations and maintenance manual for the owner
- 2 or 4-year college degree or certification or commensurate experience
- 2 - 5 years of experience preferred
- NICET 2 certified for sprinkler systems design preferred
- 3-D design knowledge preferred
- Strong analytical and mathematical aptitude
- Excellent organizational skills
- Self-starter and be able to operate in a team environment
- Working knowledge of NFPA
Work Environment/Physical Requirements:
- Office environment
- Work offsite at customer facilities – may be clean/unclean conditions, hot/cold conditions.
- Field sites where PPE safety equipment may need to be worn
- Work may include some significant amounts of standing and walking
What we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits following 30 days of employment
- Paid PTO during your first year
- 7 paid holidays
- 401K plan with company-matched funds
- Company-paid life insurance, long term disability insurance
- Option to purchase supplemental benefits
- Referral program
-Direct Applicants Only -No Third Parties Recruiters-
Fire Fighter Sales and Service Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran, or military status.