Staff Accountant - Entry Level
Rated One of the 2021 & 2022 Top Workplaces in the Greater Pittsburgh Area
Job Summary: The Staff Accountant - Entry Level is primarily responsible for entering all incoming customer orders and completing the associated purchasing to fulfill the orders for All Lines Technology in addition to managing several general accounting functions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The following list is intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The employer reserves the right to change or assign other duties to this position. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
- Enter all customer orders into ConnectWise or other application an average of 350 entries/mo.
- Enter all purchase orders to vendors into ConnectWise and on the vendor website an average of 200 entries/mo.
- General Accounting and Reconciliations
- General Ledger postings including Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable and Inventory.
- Assist with an accurate and timely monthly, quarterly, and year-end close
- Verify competitive pricing with vendors.
- Coordinate financial documents with vendors and All Lines Technology personnel.
- Maintain vendor relationships.
- Have a working knowledge of credits and Returned Material Authorizations with vendors to ensure free-flowing order processing.
- Communicate regularly with internal Shipping Department for updated status of orders.
- Provide support to inside and outside sales representatives.
- Expedite orders when necessary.
- Communicate with Inside Sales Staff on the credit status of their clientele.
- Associates Degree or equivalent business experience, accounting background preferred.
- Knowledge and ability to identify computer hardware and software products.
- Familiarity with accounting software Great Plains, Business Central and ConnectWise preferred.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to negotiate.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy with strong business and math skills.
- General computer skills.
- Proficiency in Excel is preferred.
Work Environment/Physical Requirements
- Professional business-casual office environment
- Full-time position, Monday-Friday, 8:00 a.m. 4:30 p.m. (normally)
- No travel involved
What we offer:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits following 30 days of employment.
- Paid PTO during your first year.
- 7 paid holidays.
- 401K plan with a Safe Harbor match.
- Company-paid life insurance, long term disability insurance.
- Option to purchase supplemental benefits.
- Referral program.
Direct Applicants Only - No Third-Party Recruiters-
Fire Fighter Sales and Service Co. is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, veteran, or military status.