Grounds Crew Member Full-Time
Grounds Crew Member
Summary: Maintains, in pristine condition, the Grounds and Greenhouse of the Frick Art & Historical Center at the direction of the Grounds Manager
- Must have a Commitment to fostering a workplace culture of equity and inclusion.
- Must show proof of Covid vaccination and booster.
Hours: Monday through Friday 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m. with hours and days to sometimes vary; includes occasional weekend and evening hours
Reports to: Grounds Manager
Status: Full-time, non-exempt with benefits
- Maintain the Grounds of the site which includes planting, mulching, trimming trees and shrubs, seeding, weeding, fertilizing, pruning, mowing and watering as instructed by the Grounds Manager
- Perform basic gardening duties within the Greenhouse to ensure it is in a presentable state for all visitors and school groups
- Operate and use a variety of mowers, blowers, weeding equipment, etc.
- Handle snow and ice removal during the winter months
- Assist the Housekeeping & Maintenance Department with moves including furniture, supplies and other items
- Other duties as requested by management
- Basic knowledge of landscaping practices and techniques helpful
- Possess a friendly and cooperative manner
- Has the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Ability to perform physical labor, occasionally lifting objects of 80+ pounds
- Clearance of a background check
- Valid PA driver’s license
The Frick Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering a workplace culture of accessibility, inclusion, diversity, and racial equity and urges qualified diverse applicants to apply.
The Frick Pittsburgh is observing ALL Government, State, and Local guidelines and protocols for COVID 19 safety including social distancing and mask wearing. We also require applicants to show proof of COVID vaccination and booster.