Grounds Crew Member
Grounds Crew Member
Maintains, in pristine condition, the Grounds and Greenhouse of the Frick Pittsburgh at the direction of the Grounds Manager.
• Must have a commitment to fostering a workplace culture of Equity and Inclusion.
• Please note that all employees must be able to show proof of COVID vaccination and booster.
Reports to: Grounds Manager
Hours: Weekdays, 7:00am – 5:00pm, and occasional weekend and evening hours required.
Status: Part-time, hourly
Hourly Rate: $13.50
• Maintain the Grounds of the site which includes: planting, mulching, trimming trees and shrubs, seeding, weeding, fertilizing, pruning, mowing and watering as instructed by the Grounds Manager
• Handle snow and ice removal during the winter months using plows, snow blowers, etc.
• Perform basic gardening duties within the Greenhouse to ensure it is in a presentable state for all visitors and school groups
• Operate and use a variety of mowers, blowers, other equipment, etc.
• Assist the Housekeeping & Maintenance Department with moves including furniture, supplies and other items
• Other duties as requested by management
• Basic knowledge of landscaping practices, equipment and techniques preferred
• Possess a friendly and cooperative manner
• Has the ability to work independently as well as part of a team
• Ability to perform physical labor, occasionally lifting objects of 80+ pounds
• Experience with snow plowing equipment desired
• Clearance of a criminal background check
• Valid PA driver’s license
The Frick Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to fostering a workplace culture of accessibility, inclusion diversity and racial equality and urges qualified diverse applicants to apply.
The Frick Pittsburgh is observing ALL Government, State, and Local guidelines and protocols for COVID-19 safety including social distancing and mask wearing.
We also require applicants to show proof of COVID vaccination and booster.