Housekeeping Crew Member
Responsible for maintaining an environment that requires a high standard of cleanliness and hygiene by using best cleaning practices throughout the site and buildings.
- Must have a commitment to fostering a workplace culture of Equity and Inclusion.
- Please note that all employees must be able to show proof of COVID vaccination and booster.
Hours: 35 hours per week that requires weekend and evenings hours. This means that a flexible schedule is necessary.
Reports to: Housekeeping Manager
Status: Full-time, non‐exempt
Hourly Rate: $13.50
- Commitment to fostering a workplace culture of equity and inclusion
- Ensuring that Clayton, Haller House, the Playhouse, Lexington, The Frick Art Museum and the Orientation and Education Centers are always kept in a clean and presentable state
- Implement additional cleaning duties per Frick policy/procedures to ensure a safe, hygienic environment for visitors and staff.
- Specific duties include, vacuuming, washing and scrubbing floors and walls, dry and wet mopping, dusting, emptying trash containers, cleaning and restocking all restrooms
- Assisting with event set‐up and take‐down (tables, chairs, )
- Notifying the Curatorial Affairs Department of any changes in the condition of any art objects and artifacts
- Assisting with any office moves which could include building furniture, moving filing cabinets, desks, etc.
- Respond to leaks, spills or accidents as necessary to protect facilities and/or prevent hazardous situations
- Other duties as requested by management
- Experience in the custodial field a plus
- Ability to physically perform heavy cleaning and scrubbing with the ability to reach all areas
- Flexibility with the schedule, weekend and evening hours required
- High degree of trustworthiness and the clearance of a criminal background check
- Ability to deal with staff and visitors in a friendly and engaging manner
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Valid PA driver’s license
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
The Frick Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to fostering a workplace culture of accessibility, inclusion diversity and racial equality and urges qualified diverse applicants to apply.
The Frick Pittsburgh is observing ALL Government, State, and Local guidelines and protocols for COVID-19 safety including social distancing and mask wearing. We also require applicants to show proof of COVID vaccination and booster.