Public Safety Manager
Directs all aspects of the Frick Art Museum Guards and the current agency guards (outside contractor) to ensure a safe and secure environment for staff, visitors and all of the artifacts and art at the Frick Art & Historical Center.
- Must have a commitment to fostering a workplace culture of Equity and Inclusion
- Must be able to show verification of Covid Vaccine and booster
Reports to: Director of Operations
Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. – 3:00 p.m.; hours may vary from time to time, and some weekend and evening work required
Status: Full-time, exempt with benefits
Salary Range: $47,000-$55,000, based on experience
- Schedules and trains all safety staff to properly:
- Adhere to the Frick security policies and procedures.
- Monitor the temperature and humidity levels within Clayton and the Frick Art Museum (FAM) by utilizing HVAC equipment and software.
- Monitor, track and respond to alarms pertaining to all entry/exit from buildings on site using the current provided security software.
- Perform rounds of the site utilizing the current provided security software.
- Interface politely with the staff and visitors.
- Updates fire and entry alarm systems and assists in performing annual fire extinguisher inspections.
- Prepares and updates the site-wide disaster plan with the director of operations and visitor services.
- Assists the Director of Operations with the annual safety budget.
- Works closely with the Director of Operations to establish site-wide safety policies and procedures and ensures all safety personnel are in compliance.
- Handles other duties as requested by management
- At least 5 years of management experience; preferably in safety/security
- Ability to think and work strategically and quickly
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to deal effectively with both donors and staff
- Proficiency in Windows Office Suite - a history of working with security software a plus
- Ability to handle a variety of responsibilities under pressure
- Clearance of a criminal background check
The Frick Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to fostering a workplace culture of accessibility, inclusion, diversity, and racial equality and urges all diverse candidates to apply.
COVID-19 considerations: The Frick Pittsburgh is observing ALL Federal, State, and Local guidelines and protocols including social distancing and mask wearing. We also require all employees to provide proof of vaccinations and booster.