Public Safety Officer
The Public Safety Officer will provide visitor‐friendly security presence for The Frick Art Museum (FAM) the Car & Carriage Museum (CCM) and Clayton. Monitors the proprietary security software and hardware, and directly interacts with visitors to maintain the most welcoming environment for visitors and staff, while maintaining a secure environment for the collection objects.
- Must have a commitment to fostering a workplace culture of Equity and Inclusion.
- Please note that all employees must be able to show proof of COVID vaccination.
Reports to: Site Safety Manager
Hours: Monday-Friday, 7:00am-3:00pm
Status: Full-time, non-exempt with benefits
Hourly Rate: $15.00
- Commitment to fostering a workplace culture of equity and inclusion.
- Maintains a friendly and engaging high profile for visitors, and provides security for collection objects, staff, and visitors.
- Monitor site‐wide HVAC system, and troubleshoots basic problems with the proprietary
- Assists in monitoring temperature and humidity levels throughout FAM and CCM which may include – responding to alarms, tracking history, etc.
- Works in Clayton, FAM and the CCM to ensure that visitors, staff, and the collections are properly attended to.
- Monitor temperature and humidity levels throughout the site which includes monitoring basic operations of the HVAC equipment.
- Handles other duties as requested.
- Enthusiastic attitude with experience in customer service.
- Possess the ability to engage the public in a friendly professional
- High degree of reliability and trustworthiness.
- Computer experience with Windows required; experience with Windows based security systems preferred.
- Clearance of Act 33/34 and a criminal background check.
- Flexibility in scheduling to cover other shifts as needed and the ability to respond quickly to scheduling changes.
- Physical ability to access all areas of Clayton, FAM, and CCM.
The Frick Pittsburgh is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to fostering a workplace culture of accessibility, inclusion, diversity, and racial equality and urges all qualified diverse applicants to apply.
The Frick Pittsburgh is observing ALL Government, State, and Local guidelines and protocols for COVID-19 safety including social distancing and mask wearing.
We also require applicants to show proof of COVID Vaccination.