Reports to: Supervisor – Armstrong County
Location: Ford City
Hours: Workdays, evenings and some weekends. Must show flexibility in scheduling to satisfy the needs of the clients. Position will require travel, primarily in Armstrong County but longer distances sometimes are necessary and company vehicles can be utilized. This is a full-time position
General Statement of Duties: The Family Counselor employee provides service planning, counseling, parent education, case management, risk assessment, facilitating family communication and identifying mental health needs and services for both children and adults. Services are provided in the family’s home and at HFI facilities.
- Promotes the Mission and Philosophy of Holy Family Institute.
- Provides assessment of family problem areas, level of risk, and community resources.
- Develops and implements goal-based services to families.
- Provides counseling, family education, and case management services to families.
- Documents all progress of services provided.
- Work cooperatively with CYF and staff members to ensure quality service to each family.
- Maintains a positive working relationship with families and fellow staff.
- Must meet CYF service delivery time frames for proper client discharge.
- Must be available to families in the district for crisis situations.
- Develops skills training in working with families and children.
Candidate must have a Bachelor’s Degree with three (3) years’ experience or an Associate’s degree with at least five (5) years of experience in social service counseling. All services are provided to clients in-home and HFI facilities, during working hours. Must have reliable transportation and use of a car during working hours. Valid PA driver’s license. Current Act 33/34 and FBI clearances are required. EOE