Building and Property Maintenance Technician
Howard Hanna Homestead, PA Full-time Maintenance
Posted on July 16, 2021
- General Maintenance duties include but are not limited to: basic HVAC, plumbing, electrical, painting, and door maintenance. Ability to perform basic trouble shooting and repairs to all building systems.
- Implementation of established emergency procedures for the property.
- Be on call and respond 24/7 for building emergencies.
- Engage in cross training at other properties for back up purposes.
- Basic administrative duties include but are not limited to: maintaining and ordering building supplies, using an electronic work order system to accurately create and complete service requests, maintaining required records for life safety and other systems, filing of incident and operations reports, maintaining key systems, scheduling and supervision of outside service vendors, and service contract compliance.
- Communicate problems and recommendations to the Property Manager promptly for resolution.
- Perform building preventative maintenance on equipment as per established schedules.
- Perform building inspections (rounds) including but not limited to life safety systems, elevators, vacant spaces, mechanical rooms, common areas, restrooms, exterior grounds, parking lots and garages. Promptly report major problems to Property Manager. For smaller issues create work order and make repairs.
- Promptly respond to tenant request work orders. Obtain Property Manager authorization for work orders requiring authorization.
- Escort outside contractors and vendors to their work site. Supervise work, and assist them when required. Keep all work areas clean and safe. Enforce safe work practices and company policies
- Installation of Signs at residential properties
- Must posses a mechanical aptitude and be able to understand and perform basic electrical repairs, hvac repairs, carpentry, and plumbing repairs. Trade school is a plus.
- Ability to manage time effectively.
- Be physically and mentally able to perform duties. Must be able to climb ladders and stairs, be able to lift reasonable weights without limitation and shovel snow.
- Ability to perform under stressful situations, multi-task, deal with multiple personalities, and prioritize work requests.
- Must posses an attitude of safety and emergency preparedness; understand the principles of a life safety program, company safety programs and training, and their overall importance to building operations.