Job Coach (Full Time)
Do you have a passion for giving back?
Do you like making a difference?
Do you like making someone smile?
If you answered “yes” to these questions, we would love to have a conversation with you.
Job Coaches at Life’sWork are responsible for supporting individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities or individuals facing other barriers to employment. Job Coaches assist our clients to acquire, maintain and enhance skills required to secure and carry out work-related activities. The Job Coach will work in a variety of work sites including Life’sWork own production facility as well as in a wide range of businesses and organizations throughout the region through our small group staffing program.
- Provide job coaching across all of our program areas: facility, community, and in small group
- Support the achievement of the participant’s personal outcomes and goals
- Demonstrate knowledge of and implementation of the participant’s support plan-
- Complete daily documentation of implementation and progress towards the participant’s goals
and activities based on the care plan
- Act as a role model for appropriate workplace behavior
- Engage with all participants in a positive, respectful, productive manner on a regular basis
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment
- Contribute information regarding the participant’s progress for support team meetings when
- Engage with participants on a daily basis to facilitate growth for learning and opportunities
- Identifying and providing reasonable accommodation to assist the needs of participants; for
example, assisting them with the vending machine or walking them to the bathroom
- Provide a person – centered environment that fosters advancement and transition
- May transport participants to and from the worksite using personal or company vehicles
- Complete and maintain annual staff qualifications, including 24 hours of training per year
- Performs other related duties as assigned
This job description is not designed to be a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities
that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any
time during the course of employment.
Education & Experience:
- A high school diploma or GED is required.
- A secondary degree in psychology, socials services, or a related field is preferred.
- A valid PA driver’s license, a good driving record, and current car insurance is required.
- Patch / PA Child Abuse / FBI Fingerprint Clearance are required within 30 days of employment
and this is all paid by Life’sWork of Western PA
- ACRE certification – Life’sWork will pay for certification if you do not currently hold
certification. This must be completed within 90 days of hire.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities:
- A team player with confidence to take the lead
- Strong verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Well-organized with customer-oriented approach
- Good attention to detail and observation skills
- Proficient technical understanding and can pick up on new systems easily
- Working knowledge of computer systems to complete documentation
- Must have reliable form of transportation to and from work
Base Compensation: $16.00 - $18.00/hour
- Health Coverage: (full-time only)
o Pays 100% of employee only coverage.
o Matches up to $700 towards your health savings account (H.S.A.)
- Other benefits; (100% paid by employee)
o Dental and vision
o Legal Shield / Identity Theft
- Paid Time Off (PTO):
o Beginning your second year, full-time employees will receive 20 days of PTO
o Beginning your second year, part-time employees may receive up to 10 days of PTO
- Holidays: (full-time)
o Offer 12 holidays per year
- Retirement Plan (403(b) Thrift Plan):
o Matches 100% up to 5% of employee’s contribution
- Mileage reimbursement:
o Follows the federal mileage rate.
- Flexible schedule
Life’sWork of Western PA is a non-profit organization empowering people to live the life they choose.
We partner with people with disabilities, people with other barriers, young adults, children and families to
pursue their hopes and dreams through strengthening workplace abilities, building life skills and
developing meaningful relationships.
We believe everyone deserves to share in opportunities of meaningful employment. Through employment
for all, we envision creating a compassionate, inclusive and equitable community where all individuals have a chance to flourish. A career at Life’sWork means a chance to promote life altering change in an
Diversity and Inclusion Statement: At Life’sWork of Western PA, we have a clear vision: to create a
community where difference is valued. As an organization with a mission that is centered around lifting
up some of the most vulnerable members of society, diversity and inclusion are more than just words to
us. Here, everyone is welcome. We employ, train, compensate, and promote regardless of race, age, sex,
religion, color, national origin, language, sexual orientation, pregnancy, gender identity, handicap or
disability, and other protected status’. As an employment organization that is continually evolving to
provide the best possible services for our clients, we strive to be as diverse as the individuals that we
serve. Life’sWork is fully focused on building and nurturing a workplace where inclusion is part of our
everyday culture, not just an initiative; where all employees feel their individual gifts are celebrated and
appreciated, and where they are encouraged to be who they are.
There is always more work to be done, and we believe that if the services that are provided by our
organization are done through a diverse mix of talents, perspectives, and backgrounds, we can play a role
in creating ongoing and lasting change.
COVID-19 Safety Operating Policy/Procedures
Life’sWork of Western PA is committed to providing a safe and healthy work environment for our
employee, clients, and visitors. We adopted a COVID-19 Safety Operating Policy/Procedures that is