MACHINIST - CNC MILL
MACHINIST - CNC MILL
Starting at $23/hr
Description: Sets up and operates CNC machining centers to fabricate metallic and nonmetallic parts, and fits and assembles machined parts into complete units, applying knowledge of machine shop theory and procedures, shop mathematics, machinability of materials, and layout techniques.
- Interpret blueprints, manuals, specifications, or sample part to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished workpiece, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures holding fixtures, cutting tools, attachments, accessories, and materials on CNC machines.
- Calculates and sets controls to regulate machining factors, such as speed, feed, coolant flow, and depth and angle of cut, or enters commands to retrieve, input, or edit computerized machine control media.
- Start and observe machine operation to detect malfunctions or out‑of‑tolerance machining, and adjust machine controls as required.
- Set up and operate machine on trial run to verify accuracy of machine settings or programmed control data.
- Verify dimensions of finished part using measuring instruments, such as micrometers, height gauges, cmms and Virtek laser inspection.
- Properly deburr edges and holes of parts. Protect parts from damage during run and subsequent operations.
- Ability to set up and operate CNC Mills.
- Determine when a measurement is falling out of spec./Ability to use bore gauge
- Blue Print Reading - ability to identify and interpret various view orientations.
- Ability to identify company, drawing # and revision level, identify tolerance, interpret bill of materials (BOM), follow/understand tap drill charts
- Recognize when exceeding routed times for set-up & production.
- Can identify proper materials, overall sizes, number of holes, size/depth of holes, correct threads etc.
- Set basic tool offset, change cutter comp values, machine zeros, tram pins, offset values
- Understand basic “G” codes
MetPlas Inc offers competitive wages, benefits, 401K plan, shift differential and bonus program. Send resumes to: email@example.com