BENEFITS OF BECOMING A MUB EMPLOYEE:
Excellent Compensation Package
12 Paid Holidays
Paid Time Off (Sick and Vacation Days)
Pension Fund and 457(b) Savings Plan
Company Paid Continuing Education
PPE Provided with annual boot allowance
Dental and Vision Coverage (Guardian)
Life/Work Balance Typical Hours 8-4:30pm
Medical (PEIA) Single Coverage at NO COST to employee; Family Coverage available at low cost
DESCRIPTION / RESPONSIBILITIES:
The Morgantown Utility Board is seeking a Senior Engineer to work as part of our engineering team that currently consists of 15 engineers, technicians, GIS, and administrative professionals. This position will focus broadly on all aspects of the engineering department and reports directly to the Chief Engineer. Responsibilities may include:
- Review/analysis/design of water/sewer/stormwater system improvements including but not limited to pipelines, pumping stations and storage tanks
- Contract and Project Management
- Cost estimating
- Contact and coordination with customers, developers, public officials and general public
- Special technical studies and projects
- Guide/assist/oversee support staff consisting of staff engineers, technicians, drafters, surveyors, etc.
- Engineering Sciences degree in Civil Engineering, or closely related field, from an ABET accredited college/university.
- Licensure as a Registered Professional Engineer in West Virginia (or ability to quickly obtain)
- Five (5) years of experience is required with preference given to those with ten (10) years of related work experience in water, wastewater, and/or stormwater system design, management, and operations. An understanding of hydraulics, pumps, water and wastewater treatment, and hydrology is preferred.
- Proficiency with AutoCAD software is preferred (ArcGIS, MS (Word, Excel, etc) is a plus)
- Valid driver’s license along with a good driving record
COMPLETE APPLICATION ON www.mub.org/careers
BENEFITS AT HIRE: Participation in Pension Fund
BENEFITS AT 3 MONTHS: Sick and Vacation days, Health, Vision, Dental, and Life insurance. short and long-term disability, medical flex spending account, and optional Deferred Compensation Plan.
It is the policy of the Utility Board to provide equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. All employment decisions are made on the basis of individual merit and objective job qualifications.
LOCATION: Main Office, Engineering Department
SALARY: $75,000-$95,000 Based on Experience
- Experience with designs of water/sewer/stormwater systems
- Experience in supervision of employees
- Engineering degree from an ABET accredited college or university
- Proficient in AutoCAD software