Assistant Director of Engineering Operations
As the Assistant Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for developing an environment that creates excitement for internal and external guests. This individual is responsible for managing the Engineering department to ensure effective, safe, and overall maintenance of Nemacolin. The Assistant Director of Engineering Operations also has the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations - utilizing strong written and verbal communication skills while balancing multiple competing priorities.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Ability to report to any emergency on site 24/7.
- Deliver internal and external guest service the Nemacolin way. Goes above and beyond – whether for an associate or guest.
- Responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to other employees and coworkers to provide superior guest service.
- Hires, trains, motivates, evaluates, and manages staff to ensure employees receive adequate guidance and resources to achieve established objectives.
- Establishes, implements, and monitors department objectives, standards, guidelines, budget, and other administrative processes to achieve proper management of department.
- Collects data and information through inspections and scientific testing in order to file reports to appropriate regulatory agencies to ensure compliance with regulations.
- Inspects property utilities and equipment and takes action to correct problems in order to minimize potential for violations during on-site safety inspections by OSHA.
- Provides expertise, direction, and labor and equipment resources, including monitoring of all hazardous chemicals located within the property in event of hazardous waste spill to ensure that cleanup procedures and results are in compliance with regulations.
- Participates in long-term planning of facilities expansion and modifications to ensure that engineering requirements are satisfied within the overall plan.
- Coordinates projects by meeting with and recommending outside contractors and acts as in-house advisor on asbestos-related issues to ensure compliance with environmental regulations.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Bachelor’s Degree, and trade related license or experience in Electrical, HVAC and Plumbing & steam related fields and five (5) years’ experience in general engineering supervisory experience and/or through eight (8) years’ equivalent combination of formal training, education and experience which demonstrates the ability to perform all duties of the position.
- Knowledge of the management and operations of a world-class resort and spa.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate Microsoft Office Programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Independently initiates, follows-up on, and complete assignments as well as special projects.
- Knowledge of financial systems and proficiency with spreadsheet software.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to interface professionally with business contacts and customers.
- Demonstrates interpersonal sound judgment and decision-making skills in directing administrative tasks, using discretion when necessary, understanding the potential impact on the department.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.