Assistant Executive Steward
As an Assistant Executive Steward, you will be responsible for developing an environment that creates excitement for internal and external guests. In this position, you will also be responsible for assisting the Executive Steward. You will provide clerical support and maintain correspondence files, inventories of printed material, assigned projects, spreadsheets, and budget files. You will also relieve the Executive Steward of administrative and business details. The Assistant Executive Steward also has the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations - utilizing strong written and verbal communication skills while balancing multiple competing priorities.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Deliver internal and external guest service the Nemacolin way. Goes above and beyond – whether for an associate or guest.
- Responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to other employees and coworkers to provide superior guest service.
- Oversees scheduling and ensures the stewarding team is staffed properly daily.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach – including maintenance and cleaning of all kitchen equipment, walls, ceilings, vents, drains and floors. Also ensures all china, glass, silver, etc if put away in proper areas and organized accordingly.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion – often with deadline pressures.
- Gathers and edits monthly reports from the Executive Steward and prepares final reports for the owner, managing director, or executive team.
- Oversees deep cleaning of kitchen areas and other areas as assigned – including but not limited to: overnight cooking stations, room service, other restaurant outlets, etc.
- Other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to type 45 to 65 w.p.m.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate Microsoft Office Programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Ability to transcribe dictation to typed copy.
- Shorthand and/or recording device experience highly desirable.
- Independently initiates, follows-up on, and complete assignments as well as special projects.
- Knowledge of financial systems and proficiency with spreadsheet software.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to interface professionally with business contacts and customers.
- Strong understanding of hospitality industry helpful.
- Demonstrates interpersonal sound judgment and decision-making skills in directing administrative tasks, using discretion when necessary, understanding the potential impact on the department.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through at least 2-3 years’ experience in a Stewarding Leadership role or equivalent. Three years’ experience in an large resort capacity preferred.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be require by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.