Here at Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” … You have just come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement ARE the job description. We’re looking for individuals who are committed to making an experience memorable, all while having fun and relishing in the incredible atmosphere of our Resort.
The Vehicle Maintenance Tech/Mechanic will work in the Nemacolin Engineering Department specifically in the vehicle garage. This position works directly with entire Nemacolin vehicle fleet including heavy equipment, vehicles, trucks, transportation buses, large and small diesel equipment as well as gasoline-powered equipment.
- Repair and maintain heavy vehicles, trucks, equipment and other large and small diesel, battery and gasoline-powered equipment; service and repair steering, hydraulic, electrical, heating and cooling systems; repair drive trains and axles, including multi-axles and controls.
- Performs preventive maintenance program on resort equipment and vehicles; inspect trucks, autos and other mechanical equipment; maintain records of servicing and work performed, parts used and time required.
- Determine necessary parts for the shop function; order parts through requisition for vehicles and equipment.
- Perform major overhauls of single-engine and multi-engine systems, including gasoline and diesel engines.
- Perform safety checks and inspections on resort trucks, passenger vehicles and other mechanical equipment; adjust, repair and replace parts as necessary; assure vehicles meet State and local standards for public transportation and safety compliance.
- Read and interpret schematics and diagrams; diagnose and repair mechanical defects in a variety of vehicles; inspect and diagnose mechanical malfunctions in a wide variety of power equipment, power tools and mechanical equipment.
- Repair and adjust engines, transmissions, high-pressure pumps and compressors, valves, differentials, clutches, rear ends and power take-offs.
- Tune engines and carburetors; service and repair fuel injection systems; repair and adjust valves; replace, fit and adjust pistons, rings and bearings; clean, repair and replace carburetors, fuel pumps, fuel lines, gauges and electrical wiring systems.
- Repair and replace alternators, voltage regulators, batteries and electrical wiring.
- Adjust and reline brakes; maintain, rebuild and replace air and hydraulic brake system components; perform front-end alignment and repair; change and balance tires; lube, change oil and filters and refuel vehicles.
- Maintain shop area, equipment and tools in a safe, clean and orderly condition; purchase materials and spare parts as needed.
- Perform electrical and acetylene welding, brazing, soldering and regular routine service on resort-owned tractors, machinery and equipment; fabricate special equipment, tools, parts and structures as needed.
- Diagnose a variety of vehicle computers and computerized sensors; replace faulty components and parts as needed. Test drive and evaluate new equipment for operation, repair and maintenance; determine salvage of vehicles and equipment; maintain vendor lists.
- Operate a variety of equipment and machinery including pressure and system testers, ARC and oxy-acetylene welders, computerized diagnostic equipment, scopes, digital meters, gauges, lathe, grinders, tire changing and balancing machines, hoists and jacks, emission control test equipment and a variety of power and hand tools.
- Determine the need for outside assistance in major repairs involving resort-owned vehicles and equipment; coordinate outside repairs, seeking approval as necessary.
- Train, demonstrate and instruct Engineering Department personnel in the proper use, operation and general maintenance of vehicles and equipment.
- Receives and reviews work orders/requests to determine, estimated cost and man-hour requirements.
- Requisitions and/or purchases supplies and materials.
- Performs prescribed maintenance checks as scheduled.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this classification. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and duties required of personnel so classified. The omission of an essential function does not prelude management from assigning duties not listed herein if such functions are a logical assignment of the position.
- May be required to respond to 24-hour emergency calls for assigned work area to perform emergency building or equipment repairs during off-duty hours using a vehicle, telephone, hand, power and specialty tools and necessary materials.
- Must be able to speak English fluently
- Must have minimum of 1 year entry level experience with vehicle maintenance or relative mechanical experience.
- Must be willing to work with a team to accomplish all departmental goals and responsibilities.
*Nemacolin requires all associates be vaccinated against Covid-19*
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount.
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount.
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).