Basic Job Function:
Assist in the coordination of all Sauce preparation. Assist in purchasing, receiving, storage, preparation and presentation of food items. Prepare items as specified on menus in a professional manner. Maintain equipment in a professional manner, take inventory and place orders for assigned station. Uphold and ensure compliance with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
- Relevant culinary qualification and experience in either a hotel, resort or quality restaurant
- Experience in a four or five 5 Star property desired
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Servsafe Certification preferred
- Consistently aspires to fulfill our core Company values (Respect, Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, Accountability, Caring, Loyalty & Trust)
- Must be detail oriented and able to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment; able to problem-solve with employees or guests in order to provide a memorable experience
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with coworkers efficiently and effectively
- Ability to easily adapt to organizational and environmental changes
- Must be flexible to working days, early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Report to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and in a clean uniform and following company Dress Code Policy
- Properly execute as a member of the line staff by working constantly and cohesively in a variety of cooking methods to assure timeliness, efficiency, and product integrity
- Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring Nemacolin food standards are met; address guest concerns in a timely and efficient manner and implement/uphold appropriate departmental standards of quality/timing
- Possess above average knife skills, as well as proficiency in stock and sauce cooking techniques, saucier, and butchery
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in all work areas
- Uphold appropriate departmental standards of quality/timing
- Uphold and ensure compliance with all company and departmental policies and procedures
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately
- Willing and timely execution of other duties as delegated by leadership
- Ability to kneel, crouch, squat, climb, stand, sit, balance, reach, bend, push, pull and walk for prolonged periods
- Must have the ability to work for extended time periods in an environment with extreme heat and/or cold.
- If applicable, must have the ability to work for extended periods of time in an outdoor environment, including sun, heat, cold, wine, rain, and higher than normal noise levels.
- Ability to use sharp knives safely and proficiently.
- Ability to operate basic kitchen equipment safely and proficiently.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull and push up to 50 lbs repeatedly throughout a shift
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical and fume hazards
- No visible tattoos, visible body piercing or unnatural hair color or hairstyles per company grooming standards
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin is the area’s premier destination for launching a five-star, five-diamond career in the hospitality industry. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization by offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
$1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
*Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
(Keywords: Line Cook, Cook, Lead Cook, Recipes, Utensils, Kitchen Equipment, Knives, Kitchen, Restaurant, Spices, Motivated, Enthusiastic, Banquets, Banquets Cook, Banquet Saucier)