Banquets Set Up Associate
With everything we do, we believe a stay with us will enhance your life by creating memories that last a lifetime. How do we accomplish this? We place food and service at the heart of everything we do! We just happen to operate a phenomenal resort called Nemacolin; you should come and grow your career here!
We are seeking to fill a Banquets Events Set Up Associate that will provide the highest quality of banquet and events room sets and refreshments for guests while following grooming standards, uniform standards and other company policies and procedures outlined in the Banquet training manual.
Banquets Events Set Up Essential Functions:
- Must understand and follow all events instructions as written on the room assignment sheet in a timely manner (All information is retrieved from the GEO (Group Events Order) black book in the catering office)
- Perform all events pre-function tasks as assigned by banquet management
- Check all events / banquet rooms before the beginning of functions for temperature, lighting, and cleanliness to include: walls, carpet, wood trim, paint, wall paper, chairs, tables and any other defects that might need immediate attention before the beginning of a meeting and have management sign off on the room's completion
- Notification of events supervisors or management of any problems to resolve the problem(s) is required, i.e. (The possible relocation of a meeting might be deemed appropriate)
- Inspect all events equipment, lighting, furniture, carpet and linen.
- Ensure they are clean, free of tears and in working order in accordance with Nemacolin Woodlands Resort and Spa Standards
- Understand and follow the service standards as discussed by banquet management
- Provide prompt and courteous service to both the internal and external guests at all times
- Follow all events service sequences and standards stated in the banquet training manuals
- Adhere to all resort policies and procedures
Banquets Events Set Up Cleaner Qualifications:
- High school diploma preferred
- Associates should have a basic knowledge of room set-ups
- Prior banquet set-up experience preferred
- Individuals in this position must be guest service oriented
- Associates must also be capable of working alone or as a team depending on the situation following directives from management
- Must be able to function calmly under pressure/work at a rapid pace, be extremely organized, and very guest service orientated
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Candidate must have the ability to work varying shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Must be able to speak English fluently
- Candidates must be able to lift/push/pull/carry no more the 5-30 lbs
- Candidates must be able to stand continuously for 95%, operate equipment for 15%, kneel for 20%, bend for 50%, climb for 35%, and drive for 20% of their scheduled shift
- No Job Description for a position can possibly include all duties that may be requested by guests or required by the hotel and/or management
The objective of all positions is to effectively provide the services personally, or to immediately refer requests to the appropriate department manager.
Nemacolin requires all Associates to be vaccinated for COVID-19
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
Associate Referral Program
- $1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).