Boomerang Water Attendant
Nemacolin is committed to protecting the beauty of the Laurel Highlands, highlighting local, historically significant culture as well as supporting the surrounding community and our associates through an array of sustainability initiatives.
The Boomerang Water Technician is responsible for the daily operation/routine maintenance of the Boomerang Water Bottling System on property, delivery of filled bottles to assigned areas and recovery of empty bottles. Areas of knowledge and experience would include daily operations of the Boomerang Water Bottling System.
This position is responsible for helping to eliminate up to 400,000 plastic water bottles a year from landfills and is integral to our plastic elimination goals.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Operates Boomerang Water System and related support equipment according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Monitors function of Boomerang Water System and reports any changes to normal operations to Director of Sustainability and Boomerang Water Support.
- Always maintains cleanliness of Boomerang Water System and surrounding work area.
- Performs daily/weekly maintenance and upkeep of components in proper working condition and replaces parts as necessary according to Boomerang Water Support directives.
- Sanitizes all bottles using bottle washer according to manufacturer’s specifications prior to loading into Boomerang Water System.
- Consistently meets bottle production goals and standards detailed by Nemacolin.
- Loads, fills, and caps bottles using Boomerang Water System according to manufacturer’s specifications.
- Loads capped and filled bottles into crates and fills cart with filled crates for delivery to dispersal locations.
- Transport full/empty crates via cart to dispersal locations assigned based on area of resort.
- Stocks filled bottles in coolers and/or associated Back of House areas.
- Recovers/collects empty bottles from associated Back of House areas/recovery bins and returns to Boomerang Water System bottle area.
- Inspects recovered bottles for damage and recycles bottles too damaged for reuse according to resort policy.
- Maintains damage logs by outlet and works with teams to mitigate unnecessary loss.
- In conjunction with Boomerang Support maintains inventory of bottles, caps, and crates.
- Maintains daily delivery/pickup logs by outlet to track attrition.
- Maintains daily production logs.
- Maintains maintenance logs.
- Coordinates with housekeeping and engineering to recover bottles accidentally thrown away.
- Coordinates with all departments using bottles to ensure staff know proper recovery procedures for Boomerang Water Bottles.
- Communicate Boomerang Water program to both guests and associates with enthusiasm.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must have a Class C Driver’s License and must complete/pass Resort Driving Class.
- Must have (or obtain) ServSafe Food Handler Certification (or similar).
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty staff, students, and coworkers is also required.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening and weekend duty.
- May be required to work in excessive heat and cold in association with being outdoors and/or in kitchen environments.
- The equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Must be able to lift 40lbs repeatedly over an 8-hour period.
- Must be able to stand for multiple hours at a time.
- Must be able to read and follow instructions.
- Must have good communication skills (English) both written and verbal.
- Passion for sustainability highly recommended, but not required.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, as well as through recreational experience.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be require by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.