Butler School Training
Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” – You have come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement are the job description. This position must be committed to making every experience memorable all while having fun and relishing the incredible atmosphere of the resort.
Nemacolin is holding a Butler school to train individuals with an “above and beyond” mindset that exceeds guests’ expectations. We will be providing on-site paid training for this program.
As a Butler, you will be responsible for developing an environment that creates excitement for internal and external guests. In this position, you will also be responsible for creating “Real Life Magic” - as seen by our guests – as well as behind the scenes for our associates. The Butler also has the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations – utilizing strong communication skills while balancing multiple competing priorities.
The Hotel Butler will oversee all personal needs of assigned guests while assisting in booking activities and special arrangements prior to guest arrival. Upon arrival, the Butler provides formal services including but not limited to: wake-up service, room service, pressing of clothes, shining of shoes, drawing baths, pillow delivery, and unpacking/packing services.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Deliver internal and external guest service the Nemacolin Way. Goes above and beyond – whether for an associate or guest.
- Contact assigned guests and assist with personalized services (pre-booking, spa, dining, activities, etc.).
- Arrange, record, deliver and charge all special requests for arriving guests.
- Greets guests at the entrance, escorts guests to room, presents keys, and arranges for valet/bell service.
- Offer personalized services, including packing/unpacking and organization of guest belongings, clothing pressing, shoe shining, arranging outfits for next-day, and description of room amenities.
- Monitor guest activity while at the resort – including being on-call for any special requests or last-minute needs (including drawing of baths).
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of all menus, outlets, and amenities of the resort.
- Communicate the movement of guests to all resort outlets, ensuring proper service and recognition.
- Inspect all guest rooms prior to guest arrival – ensuring excellent and Forbes standards.
- Inspect and present all food and beverage items ordered by the guest.
- Research and clarify misunderstandings in guest folio.
- Prepare bill and proper backup for presentation to the guest upon departure.
- Assist guests with luggage transport and farewell.
- Ability to cooperate and operate seamlessly with all resort departments.
- Ability to interact with guests who may have high expectations – while maintaining confidentiality and privacy.
- Other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- High School diploma required.
- Must possess strong interpersonal, language, communication, and relationship-building skills.
- Excellent customer/guest service skills – with previous guest service experience preferred.
- Ability to learn and utilize Microsoft Office and HOST programs.
- Must be able to speak English fluently.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively perform multiple tasks.
- Must be willing to work varied hours – including nights, weekends, holidays, and split shifts (according to guest needs).
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through at least 2-years of customer service or related experience.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be required by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Kick-start your career at Nemacolin, a world-renowned luxury resort nestled in southwestern Pennsylvania. Nemacolin boasts an unparalleled blend of elegance and adventure, offering an array of amenities that redefine luxury. With two Forbes-rated hotels from which to choose, guests are treated to the epitome of comfort and style. A five-star, five-diamond restaurant sets the stage for exquisite dining experiences, while our on-site wildlife habitats bring animal encounters to a whole new level. The opulent spa, championship golf courses, and a range of outdoor activities, including fly fishing, skiing, and snowboarding, provide a holistic and exciting getaway.
As a part of the Nemacolin team, you'll have the chance to work in a dynamic and supportive environment where your skills and passion will flourish. We believe in fostering growth and providing our team members with opportunities to shine and advance in their careers. Join us in delivering unparalleled experiences that leave lasting memories for our cherished guests and members. Real Life Magic meets boundless opportunity at Nemacolin. Come, be a part of it!
What is in it for you? As a Nemacolin associate, you won’t just have a bright future — you’ll have a bright present! You are invited to join our warm, supportive community, where you’ll enjoy competitive wages, exciting events, a full suite of benefits, discounts, and perks, and access to amenities at our associate community Wisteria.
- Attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance. Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Employee and educational assistance program
- Up to 40% off Retail, Spa, Activities, Food and Beverage at the Resort
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in associate break areas
Wisteria Associate Community- Wisteria is Nemacolin’s way of showing our appreciation to our associates. This neighborhood is exclusive to associates and contains a Pub, Market, and Fitness Center. As a member of Team Nemacolin, you’ll enjoy these exclusive amenities.
Associate Recognition programs- Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and their ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations.
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
(Keywords: Morgantown, Pennsylvania, Uniontown, Farmington, Confluence, Markleysburg, Pittsburgh, Lemont Furnace, Mount Pleasant, Washington, Greene County, Westmoreland, Fayette, Hotel, Hospitality, resort, Lodge, lodging, Assistant, personal, customer service, jobs near me)