Catering Social Sales and Services Manager
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Understand industry trends, think creatively, and deliver supreme customer service.
- Tour properties with prospects and sell event space for Social Events.
- Follow up with all social leads that are pre-qualified daily.
- Prepare and attend Social Daily Business Review meetings.
- Completes contracts and monitor event deposits.
- Enter/update all client and group information into appropriate programs and areas
- Keep Director of Conference and Catering informed of any significant program changes
- Plan all details for assigned functions with group contacts and distribute details to all pertinent departments.
- Details will include all guest room, food & beverage, transportation details, and any other details pertaining to the event. Work closely with all hotel operations departments to ensure that proper guarantees & arrangements are made to establish & maintain group satisfaction.
- Be onsite during events upon client arrival to ensure all details are handled.
- Inform the appropriate department heads of any complaints and/or compliments.
- Contact clients for groups in a timely manner
- Communicate group details in weekly function sheet meetings.
- Quickly respond and address any obstacles that arise on the day of the event.
- Organize group VIP amenities.
- PO and Accrual review
- Other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Microsoft Word Microsoft Excel.
- Minimum (2) years in Event Experience and/or related field.
- Must be able to speak English.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Highly organized and able to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent communication skills – confidence on the phone and in-person.
- Pleasant demeanor, poised, confident, detailed, professional, organized, and reliable.
- Be able to work flexible shifts, weekends, and holidays.
- At least 18 years of age.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, as well as through a minimum of 2 years of experience in an event service role.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be require by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.