Chef Tournant - Rockwell's
Are you a passionate chef with the desire to expand your career within a world-class resort? Our luxury resort is growing fast and offers various opportunities that will set you on a path to future success. As the Chef Tournant, you will get the opportunity to enhance your culinary skills in addition to leading a team of professional culinarians in the absence of the Chef de Cusine.
- Relevant culinary qualification and experience in either a hotel, resort or quality restaurant
- Experience in a four or five 5 Star property desired
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Windows XP and Microsoft Office software applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Servsafe Certification preferred
- Consistently aspires to fulfill our core Company values (Respect, Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, Accountability, Caring, Loyalty & Trust)
- Must be detail-oriented and able to manage competing priorities in a fast-paced environment; able to problem-solve with employees or guests to provide a memorable experience
- Exhibits the Nemacolin Five-Star Behavior Standards with guests, members, and coworkers
- Must be detail-oriented and able to manage competing priorities and multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with coworkers efficiently and effectively
- Ability to easily adapt to organizational and environmental changes
- Must be flexible to working days, early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Report to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and in a clean uniform and following company Dress Code Policy
- Ability to be competent in all areas under the culinary umbrella, these include, Tavern, Barattolo, Apex, Food Truck, Banquets, Bake Shop, Fatbird, Rockwells, Aqueous, and Lautrec
- Properly Manage line staff by working alongside constantly to assure timeliness efficiency and product quality
- Demonstrate leadership by example, and motivating others when necessary
- Be aware of to assist or assume the responsibilities of the Sous Chef in the case of an absence (i.e. payroll, inventory, food purchasing, etc.)
- Assist Sous Chef in managing kitchen expenses to maximize the profitability of culinary operations while delivering the highest quality product to our guests, achieving financial goals within budget guidelines
- Help efficiently manage labor through scheduling, monitoring, and adjusting
- Assist in evaluating performance, setting goals, building team morale, motivating, and taking corrective actions when necessary to hold associates accountable
- Properly execute as a member of the line staff by working constantly and cohesively in a variety of cooking methods to assure timeliness, efficiency, and product integrity
Nemacolin requires all Associates to be vaccinated for COVID-19
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $125.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 30 days! Receive a second reward of $125.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 90 days!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
**We offer free FACT bus passes to local hires**