Cigar Bar Retail Attendant
The Nemacolin Cigar Lounge Server will proudly and confidently represent and personify the sophisticated image of Cigar Lounge at Nemacolin Resort. The Cigar Server plays an important role in our guests experience by serving guests with style, courtesy, and a sense of fun. The ideal candidate for the Cigar Server position will consistently adhere to the Nemacolin Resort service vision and guest service standards while supporting all of the Retail division SOPs.
Fulfills guest's cigar order requests in the Cigar Lounge or other areas as assigned, by taking and processing orders, and serving them in a friendly, quick and efficient manner.
Follow Nemacolin SOPs with respect to responsible service
Ensure established inventory are maintained
Allow no more than two (2) butts in an ashtray before it is changed Works collegially with supervisors, bartenders, and other cocktail servers, & cigar servers to prepare and deliver drinks quickly and courteously
Understands, complies with, and enforces all tobacco awareness procedures and relevant laws Utilizes proper cash handling procedures, and adheres to established POS procedures and pricing structure for every drink order
Maintains a clean, well-organized and properly stocked service area at all times
Complete all established set-up and break-down procedures
Follows established company and departmental appearance standards, including uniform, hygiene, and general appearance guidelines, at all times
Handles guest concerns and, if necessary, solicits involvement and support from supervisor
Performs tasks in accordance with all relevant sanitation and safety laws and regulations
Maintain an up to date knowledge of Nemacolin events and promotions and answer guests questions accordingly
Performs all other duties as assigned Nemacolin Cigar Server Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred
Candidates must be of at least 18 years of age
Must be willing to adhere without restriction to the current and any future appearance and uniform guidelines for this position.
Must appear comfortable, poised, and confident in the company-issued uniform at all times.
Must be polite, courteous, and maintain a sense of sophistication & fun
Must be capable of walking, bending, pushing, pulling, lifting, squatting, and kneeling.
Must be able to speak English fluently
Nemacolin requires all Associates to be vaccinated for COVID-19
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
(Keywords: Cigar, Cigar Shop, Cashier, Restaurant, Busser, Food Runner, Server Assistant, Customer Service, Pennsylvania, Hotel, Hospitality)