Director of Banquets
Do you enjoy leading a team responsible for crossing T's and dotting I's to ensure an exceptional banquet room set-up and guest service experience? Do you find it rewarding to anticipate guests' needs and concerns, and resolving any hiccups or setbacks that may occur with an event with ease?
We are seeking to fill a key position in our F&B department that accountable for all other company policies and procedures outlined in the banquet training manual and the Nemacolin Resort associate handbook. The Director is held accountable ultimately for the execution of catered events on a daily basis. He/she will also be entrusted to ensure that five-star/five diamond service is being given to Nemacolin guests on a daily basis.
- Provide a safe working environment for associates that is free of any physical or mental obstacles that includes safety hazards or any type of harassment. All resort safety policies are to be followed on a consistent basis.
- Report to work at the scheduled time in proper uniform and enforce said policy with all associates.
- Consistently present his/herself in a professional manner including personal conduct on and off the floor
- Build a positive work environment by teaching, training, coaching, and demonstrating a positive attitude, cooperation and teamwork and a proactive approach to resort events.
- Achieve all financial goals set forth by Vice President of Food and Beverage.
- Assist yearly with budgeting in order to accurately reflect the following year’s departmental business plan.
- Demonstrate ability to make sound financial decisions that will contribute to profitability by increasing revenue, properly managing budgets and/or controlling costs/expenses.
- Create a yearly staffing guide that will contribute to controlling labor costs which must monthly/fiscal year each department is expected to fall within or under operating guidelines.
- Recognize that every relationship with each associate (or internal guest) is imperative to our success and maintain these relationships
- Ensure sufficient training is provided to existing and current associates, conduct annual performance evaluations, provide immediate feedback for performance to all levels of managed associates, discipline and praise in a fair, professional manner as needed.
- Empower associates to make decisions that affect guest experience.
- Create positive work environment free of gossip and/or malicious rumors.
- Maintain open lines of communication to associates on all levels.
- Demonstrate initiative in job performance of job responsibilities and acceptance of duties outside of current job description to reflect leadership and professional development while also complying with resort policies and assisting others understand established standards
- Support participation in community activities sanctioned by hotel.
- Demonstrate effective time management and organizational skills.
- Adaptability to new challenges quickly while finding more efficient ways of performing current responsibilities.
- Seek on going professional development by reading industry specific literature and participating in professional community organizations.
- Maintain a good balance between work and personal life.
- Assist other outlets when business levels warrant participation.
- Delegate tasks to appropriate persons with clear instructions.
- Organize day to maximum productivity.
- Review associate schedule weekly and schedule supervisors and assistant managers/directors.
- Detail GEOs for accuracy.
- Understand PA alcohol laws and procedures.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Must possess a bachelor’s degree in Hospitality Management or similar field or the equivalent in food and beverage experience
- At least 5+ years management experience at a 4 or 5 star resort in a high-end luxury banquet setting.
Why work for Nemacolin?
Located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is the area’s premier destination for launching a Five-Star, Five-Diamond career in the hospitality industry. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization by offering our associates competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments in order to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin Woodlands Resort realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice and encouragement along the way.
Awards and Accolades
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.