Director of Beverage
With everything we do, we believe a stay with us will enhance your life by creating memories that last a lifetime. How do we accomplish this? We place food and service at the heart of everything we do! We just happen to operate a phenomenal resort called Nemacolin; you should come and grow your career here!
We are seeking to fill a key position in our Food & Beverage department that oversees all aspects of the beverage operation at the resort, as well as managing our prestigious cellar and grow our program to have some of the rare wines of the world so true wine connoisseurs appreciate the depth & diversity of our cellar. Responsible for training staff on beverage knowledge to better the guest experience.
It is the objective of the Director of Beverage to oversee beverage services as whole. These duties will entail the utilization of the candidates knowledge of wine and spirits to conduct training for alcohol service across the resort, tasting classes for our guests, cost control and beverage list maintenance.
- Responsible for all beverage lists and inventory of the resort bars.
- Responsible for beverage training and quality assurance of all bar staff.
- Responsible for placing all wine orders as needed for par levels as well as new products that will boosts revenues and profits due to trends in the market
- Verify receiving of correct products based on orders placed, with the assistance of the purchasing department
- Develop all wine list formatting and layouts for outlets around the resort
- Communicating and following up on all items 86’d from inventory and reprinting menus as necessary
- Communication with all vendors and reps for items needed as well as communication from within the industry on available products and growing trends in varietals or locations
- Maintenance of the wines-by-the-glass program and ensuring appropriate selections for individual outlets
- Conduct public tastings whenever needed
- Conduct all tasting scheduled through catering
- Coverage as Sommelier for if no room sommelier is on staff
- Wine training for all outlet associates as determined by the outlet’s influence of cuisine
- Develop and conduct additional spirit tasting available to the general public or resort guests
- Streamline the efficiency of all bar layouts including well set-up and back bars
- Beverage training for all resort beverage servers with emphasis on the bartender
- Increase revenues through wine, spirit, beer and cocktail pairings in individual outlet as it suits that particular outlets atmosphere
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 1st Level Sommelier certification or higher
- Minimum of 5 years experience in related Wine and Spirit training or sales field
- Knowledge of Wine, Spirits and Beer
- Strong communication skills including written, oral and electronic
- Professional demeanor with a dedication to a professional appearance at all times
- Service mentality driven to achieve sales and cost goals set forth by department leadership
- Exceptional computer skills with various software, e-mail, internet and graphic tools.
- Achieve costs and revenues compared to budget through cost saving purchases and resort wide alcohol service training
- Continues to identify new sources for talent needed throughout the resort