Director of Hotel Sales
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards!—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field.
With everything we do, we believe a stay with us will enhance your life by creating memories that last a lifetime. How do we accomplish this? We place food and service at the heart of everything we do! We just happen to operate a phenomenal resort called Nemacolin; you should come and grow your career here!
The Director of Sales will be responsible for executing sales strategies in order to maximize hotel profitability while maintaining customer satisfaction. This person will lead and manage all day-to-day activities related to the sales function with a focus on building long-term, value-based customer relationships that enable achievement of property sales objectives.
- Developing and implementing effective sales strategies to maximize revenue generation
- Creating and managing Annual Strategic Plan
- Managing lead sources to ensure quantity and quality of leads
- Conducting sales calls to key accounts or major prospects
- Monitoring sales activities/performance to ensure revenue goals meet or exceed established plan and accurately reporting variance/projections to management
- Using Revenue Management resources to help make informed decisions and maximize revenue
- Developing and maintaining positive relationships with peers, competitors and brand partners
- Recruiting the best possible sales team and reducing turnover through coaching, counseling and training
- Training and empowering sales team members to exercise good judgment to make profitable business decisions
Carry out leadership responsibilities to effectively instill vision, drive engagement, and manage personnel in accordance with Nemacolin policies and applicable laws. Interview, hire, train, and build teamwork among associates plan, assign, and direct work to drive efficiency and attainment of department goals, develop and maintain positive relationships with associates with effectively communicate through monthly staff meetings, daily department lines ups, one-on-one feedback and encouragement when necessary, utilize appropriate performance improvement plans or disciplinary action.
- At least 10 years of Hotel Sales experience, at least 5 years at a Director or Executive level at a high-end luxury resort preferred.
- Extensive knowledge of sales skills, revenue management, recruiting, supervising, training and motivating managers
- Demonstrated ability to understand customer requirements and translating these into sales solutions
- Track record of leading and inspiring teams to meet or exceed sales goals
- Ability to be assertive and persuasive without being aggressive
- Excellent communicator with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Track record of developing long term relationships and contacts
Why work for Nemacolin?
Located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin Woodlands Resort is the area’s premier destination for launching a Five-Star, Five-Diamond career in the hospitality industry. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization by offering our associates competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments in order to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin Woodlands Resort realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice and encouragement along the way.
Awards and Accolades
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.