Director of Learning and Development
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort Farmington, PA Full-time Human Resources
Posted on March 14, 2023
- Working in collaboration with human resources and senior leaders, this position spearheads the design, creation and delivery of high-impact and sustainable learning and development programs that support strategic goals and objectives.
- Design, develop and facilitate multi-platform content to support targeted learning and behavioral change using best practices in learning theory, learning technology, change management and communication (e.g. micro-learning, peer learning, action learning, blended solutions, learning portal management, toolkits, and marketing campaigns
- Facilitates training curriculum, coaching and team building and/or selects internal facilitators (train-the-trainer) for program delivery. Prepares leadership as teachers as part of continuous improvement/learning culture
- Will oversee the tracking of training program completion, compliance, LMS programs and online learning
- Partner with senior business leaders to understand learning needs, incorporating into overall enterprise learning strategy
- Develop learning programs aligned with key priorities and work with stakeholders to ensure successful execution
- Drive learning culture through innovative solutions
- Evaluate programs and communicate results to leadership
- Lead a team of learning professionals and provide direction to drive results and ensure professional development
- Provide assessment and coaching support to develop leaders to achieve optimal effectiveness
- Participate in organizational strategic planning.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to support staffing strategies in support of our diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Identify metrics to measure the success of talent management, track internal talent movement and development, and other key demographics.
- Leads the organizational development and talent initiatives such as people development, performance management, talent assessment and succession planning activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 8+ years of relevant experience including a proven track record of developing and delivering business impactful learning development and talent management programs
- 5 years Managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources or related preferred
- Deep experience in learning and development including adult learning principles, design processes, blended learning techniques, as well as web based and social learning
- Experience in guiding leadership and project team members through a Change Management approach for implementation of new programs
- Excellent presentation/facilitation skills
- Ability to lead through influence in a matrix-ed environment and demonstrated ability to excel in a collaborative and team environment
- Strong Project Management and delivery focused