Director of Learning and Development
- Working in collaboration with human resources and senior leaders, this position spearheads the design, creation and delivery of high-impact and sustainable learning and development programs that support strategic goals and objectives.
- Design, develop and facilitate multi-platform content to support targeted learning and behavioral change using best practices in learning theory, learning technology, change management and communication (e.g. micro-learning, peer learning, action learning, blended solutions, learning portal management, toolkits, and marketing campaigns
- Facilitates training curriculum, coaching and team building and/or selects internal facilitators (train-the-trainer) for program delivery. Prepares leadership as teachers as part of continuous improvement/learning culture
- Will oversee the tracking of training program completion, compliance, LMS programs and online learning
- Partner with senior business leaders to understand learning needs, incorporating into overall enterprise learning strategy
- Develop learning programs aligned with key priorities and work with stakeholders to ensure successful execution
- Drive learning culture through innovative solutions
- Evaluate programs and communicate results to leadership
- Lead a team of learning professionals and provide direction to drive results and ensure professional development
- Provide assessment and coaching support to develop leaders to achieve optimal effectiveness
- Participate in organizational strategic planning.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to support staffing strategies in support of our diversity and inclusion strategy.
- Identify metrics to measure the success of talent management, track internal talent movement and development, and other key demographics.
- Leads the organizational development and talent initiatives such as people development, performance management, talent assessment and succession planning activities
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 8+ years of relevant experience including a proven track record of developing and delivering business impactful learning development and talent management programs
- 5 years Managerial, supervisory, and/or demonstrated leadership experience.
- Hotel or Resort Learning and Development leadership experience strongly preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Advanced degree in Organizational Development, Human Resources or related preferred
- Deep experience in learning and development including adult learning principles, design processes, blended learning techniques, as well as web based and social learning
- Experience in guiding leadership and project team members through a Change Management approach for implementation of new programs
- Excellent presentation/facilitation skills
- Ability to lead through influence in a matrix-ed environment and demonstrated ability to excel in a collaborative and team environment
- Strong Project Management and delivery focused
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Kick-start your career at Nemacolin, a world-renowned luxury resort nestled in southwestern Pennsylvania. Nemacolin boasts an unparalleled blend of elegance and adventure, offering an array of amenities that redefine luxury. With two Forbes-rated hotels from which to choose, guests are treated to the epitome of comfort and style. A five-star, five-diamond restaurant sets the stage for exquisite dining experiences, while our on-site wildlife habitats bring animal encounters to a whole new level. The opulent spa, championship golf courses, and a range of outdoor activities, including fly fishing, skiing, and snowboarding, provide a holistic and exciting getaway.
As a part of the Nemacolin team, you'll have the chance to work in a dynamic and supportive environment where your skills and passion will flourish. We believe in fostering growth and providing our team members with opportunities to shine and advance in their careers. Join us in delivering unparalleled experiences that leave lasting memories for our cherished guests and members. Real Life Magic meets boundless opportunity at Nemacolin. Come, be a part of it!
What is in it for you? As a Nemacolin associate, you won’t just have a bright future — you’ll have a bright present! You are invited to join our warm, supportive community, where you’ll enjoy competitive wages, exciting events, a full suite of benefits, discounts, and perks, and access to amenities at our associate community Wisteria.
- Attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance. Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Employee and educational assistance program
- Up to 40% off Retail, Spa, Activities, Food and Beverage at the Resort
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in associate break areas
Wisteria Associate Community- Wisteria is Nemacolin’s way of showing our appreciation to our associates. This neighborhood is exclusive to associates and contains a Pub, Market, and Fitness Center. As a member of Team Nemacolin, you’ll enjoy these exclusive amenities.
Associate Recognition programs- Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and their ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations.
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.