Director of Public Relations
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort Farmington, PA Full-time Advertising / Marketing / Public Relations
Posted on August 21, 2023
- Oversees the organizational development of the department, which includes budgets, timelines, and strategies
- Ensures that all projects are delivered on-time, within budget and maintain company branding
- Acts as a role model for the company mission and as the company representative with media
- Coordinates media interest for the company and ensures contact with targeted media and appropriate responses to media requests
- Communicate regularly with department managers to understand needs both in the present and future to prioritize workload
- Manage existing staff through prioritization of projects, project feedback and creative development
- Develop, edit, and coordinate approvals for news releases, talking points, visual media products, internal stories, organizational announcements, and presentations. Coordinate and write responses to media inquiries, support media interviews and tours and act as spokesperson for the hotel to the media
- Write and edit external and internal communications
- Research, plan, execute and measure activities encompassing public relations, media relations, internal communications, marketing communications and crisis communications
- Support crisis communication planning and response
- Overseeing the daily operations of the public relations team.
- Collaborating with the PR team to plan and execute publicity campaigns.
- Developing relationships with media organizations and important influencers.
- Delegating tasks to members of the PR team and monitoring their progress.
- Speaking on behalf of the company in interviews and press conferences.
- Tracking campaign success and media coverage.
- Presenting reports on the effectiveness of campaigns.
- Ensuring brand consistency in all marketing content.
- Managing public relations budgets.
- Coordinating with other directors to optimize positioning, messaging, and strategy across the resort.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A minimum of 2 years full-time or equivalent part-time paid experience in the field of public relations, journalism, advertising, marketing, or a related field.
- Strong background in B2B / tech media relations, building and maintaining relationships with key media.
- Must be a strong writer. Writing samples required as well as a writing test further down the interview process.
- Strong media relationships and networks
- Excellent collaboration skills with exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in public relations, journalism, marketing, or a related field.
- Ability to prioritize competing demands and deadlines
- Very positive attitude, eager to learn with a growth mindset
- Experience driving PR strategy
- Innovative thinker; ability to foresee business needs
- Ability to influence across various levels internally - strong executive presence
- 5+ years within Public Relations/Internal Comms or related field required
- 2+ years of people management experience
- Ability to manage, coach and motivate a team
- Knowledge of production methods in graphic arts and collateral
- Requires knowledge of and ability to operate computer equipment
- Basic knowledge of journalism practices and broadcast production methods