As an Executive Steward, you will be responsible for developing an environment that creates excitement for internal and external guests. In this position, you will also be responsible for assisting the Resort Executive Chef. You will provide clerical support and maintain correspondence files, inventories of printed material, assigned projects, spreadsheets, and budget files. The Executive Steward also has the ability to exercise good judgement in a variety of situations - utilizing strong written and verbal communication skills while balancing multiple competing priorities.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Deliver internal and external guest service the Nemacolin way. Goes above and beyond – whether for an associate or guest.
- Responsible for actively building and retaining guest relations and acts as a mentor to other employees and coworkers to provide superior guest service.
- Oversees scheduling and ensures the stewarding team is staffed properly daily
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach – including maintenance and cleaning of all kitchen equipment, walls, ceilings, vents, drains and floors. Also ensures all china, glass, silver, etc if put away in proper areas and organized accordingly.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion – often with deadline pressures.
- Gathers and edits monthly reports from the Executive Steward and prepares final reports for the owner, managing director, or executive team.
- Oversees deep cleaning of kitchen areas and other areas as assigned – including but not limited to: overnight cooking stations, room service, other restaurant outlets, etc.
- Other job duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Ability to type 45 to 65 w.p.m.
- Knowledge of and ability to operate Microsoft Office Programs – Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Independently initiates, follows-up on, and complete assignments as well as special projects.
- Knowledge of financial systems and proficiency with spreadsheet software.
- Ability to perform effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to interface professionally with business contacts and customers.
- Strong understanding of hospitality industry helpful.
- Demonstrates interpersonal sound judgment and decision-making skills in directing administrative tasks, using discretion when necessary, understanding the potential impact on the department.
- At least 3+ years' experience in an Stewarding Leadership role or equivalent; At least 3 years' experience in a large resort capacity preferred.
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Kick-start your career at Nemacolin, a world-renowned luxury resort nestled in southwestern Pennsylvania. Nemacolin boasts an unparalleled blend of elegance and adventure, offering an array of amenities that redefine luxury. With two Forbes-rated hotels from which to choose, guests are treated to the epitome of comfort and style. A five-star, five-diamond restaurant sets the stage for exquisite dining experiences, while our on-site wildlife habitats bring animal encounters to a whole new level. The opulent spa, championship golf courses, and a range of outdoor activities, including fly fishing, skiing, and snowboarding, provide a holistic and exciting getaway.
As a part of the Nemacolin team, you'll have the chance to work in a dynamic and supportive environment where your skills and passion will flourish. We believe in fostering growth and providing our team members with opportunities to shine and advance in their careers. Join us in delivering unparalleled experiences that leave lasting memories for our cherished guests and members. Real Life Magic meets boundless opportunity at Nemacolin. Come, be a part of it!
What is in it for you? As a Nemacolin associate, you won’t just have a bright future — you’ll have a bright present! You are invited to join our warm, supportive community, where you’ll enjoy competitive wages, exciting events, a full suite of benefits, discounts, and perks, and access to amenities at our associate community Wisteria.
- Attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance. Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- Employee and educational assistance program
- Up to 40% off Retail, Spa, Activities, Food and Beverage at the Resort
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in associate break areas
Wisteria Associate Community- Wisteria is Nemacolin’s way of showing our appreciation to our associates. This neighborhood is exclusive to associates and contains a Pub, Market, and Fitness Center. As a member of Team Nemacolin, you’ll enjoy these exclusive amenities.
Associate Recognition programs- Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and their ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations.
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.