Fashion & Apparel Retail Merchandising Internship
The Nemacolin Retail Merchandising Internship is a paid educational opportunity for students seeking to fulfill their school’s experiential educational requirements. This Internship will play a valuable role in the operations of the Retail Department. Students are provided the opportunity for hands-on training in a Forbes and AAA-rated environment. The internship typically begins anywhere from early May through late August and consists of 16 weeks of consecutive full-time work.
- Assist with vendor correspondences and following up on orders
- Focuses on understanding our guests through competitive patterning, trend patterning, and in-store experience.
- Scheduling and assisting our Retail Manager in the planning and execution of local events and Trunk Shows/Fashion Shows
- Assist with Visual Merchandising presentations
- Coordinate with the Marketing Departments on promotional materials for events
- Assist all members of the Retail Team with any duty necessary to maintain consistency and efficiency for the Resort
- 2nd or 3rd-year student in an accredited collegiate Merchandising, TAM, Marketing, or other related disciplines
- Continuous authorization to work in the U.S. for the duration of the internship.
- A minimum GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Must have a passion for retail and trends in addition to having strong analytical and business acumen.
- Must have the ability to speak English fluently.
Commitment to a consecutive 16-week internship, as per intern rotation.
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Kickstart your career at Nemacolin, a world-renowned luxury resort nestled in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Nemacolin boasts an unparalleled blend of elegance and adventure, offering an array of amenities that redefine luxury. With three Forbes-rated hotels to choose from, guests are treated to the epitome of comfort and style. Our five-star, five-diamond restaurant sets the stage for exquisite dining experiences, while our on-site zoo brings wildlife encounters to a whole new level. The opulent spa, championship golf courses, and a range of outdoor activities, including fly fishing, skiing, and snowboarding, provide a holistic and exciting getaway.
As a part of Team Nemacolin, you'll have the chance to work in a dynamic and supportive environment where your skills and passion will flourish. We believe in fostering growth and providing our team members with opportunities to shine and advance in their careers.
Join us in delivering unparalleled experiences that leave lasting memories for our cherished guests. Real Life Magic meets boundless opportunity at Nemacolin. Come, be a part of it!
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months and a reward of $500.00 when the referred associate achieves one year of service!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
ASSOCIATE DISCOUNTS AND BENEFITS
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
(Keywords: Fashion, TAM, Apparel, Internship, Retail, Merchandising, Clothes, Health, Beauty, Shopping, Fitness)