Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” – You have come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement are the job description. This position must be committed to making every experience memorable, all while having fun and relishing the incredible atmosphere of the resort.
As a Fitness Instructor, you will need to provide five-star fitness service to all guests. Assist guests and members in the weight room. Teach a variety of fitness activities that include, but are not limited to, Water Aerobics, Cardio Interval, Body Sculpting, Pilates and Stretch classes, leading fitness activities for groups, keeping workout area stocked, and cleaning and maintenance of equipment.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Customer service-overseeing workout area.
- Fitness Activities Fitness menu of services Stocking and cleaning of fitness areas.
- Personnel attention is to be given to all guests and members who visit the fitness department.
- Motivate and educate guests who participate in our fitness activities.
- Begin and end classes and training sessions on time.
- The workout area is to be covered at all times.
- Excellent communication skills and relationship-building with the Wisteria staff.
- Ability to balance multiple competing priorities
- Informs other Associates of special occasions of guests – such as birthdays, anniversaries, etc. – to ensure we are creating “Real Life Magic” for our guests in every special circumstance.
- Answers the phone in a kind and cordial manner while performing informational calls.
- Knowledge of equipment and different classes available.
- Other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Certification through NASM, A.C.E., ACSM, or AFAA is preferred.
- CPR should be up-to-date.
- The ability to teach at various fitness levels, from beginner to advanced.
- Must be a team player.
- Willingness to learn and be certified in other fitness programs
- Ability to teach up to three classes per day.
- Demonstrate a wide range of exercises for the lower and upper body.
- Friendly and outgoing personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours at a time.
- Must be able to speak the English language fluently.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical functions.
- Must be able to handle high-pressure situations.
- Customer service experience preferred; fitness experience a plus.
- Must be able to work a variety of shifts – including holidays, weekends, evenings, etc.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to effectively perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to interface professionally with business contacts and customers.
- A strong understanding of the hospitality industry is helpful.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma or equivalent, as well as through a minimum of 2 years of experience in a guest service role.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be require by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2022 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain and develop the best and brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin is the area’s premier destination for launching a five-star, five-diamond career in the hospitality industry. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization by offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
$1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
*Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
(Keywords: Fitness, Activities, Morgantown, Pennsylvania, Uniontown, Farmington, Confluence, Markleysburg, Pittsburgh, Lemont Furnace, Mount Pleasant, Washington, Greene County, Westmoreland, Fayette, Club, Attendant, Front Desk, Instructor, Non-certified, certified, gym, class, Zumba, Dance, Active, Boxing, Kick-boxing, body pump, spinning, cycles, bar pilates)