Food and Beverage Internship
The Food and Bevergae Internship will have the opportunity to experience several different positions throughout the many outlets here at Nemacolin. During the internship, the Food and Beverage Intern will rotate through the positions of Server, Server Assistant, Food Runner, and Maitre'd/Host at The Peak.
Nemacolin interns are eligible for on-site housing options as well as other benefits.
- Confirming cabana reservations on seven rooms prior to guests’ arrival
- Learning specific menu information
- Serving as the communication liaison between front-of-house and back-of-house associates
- Understanding and executing high service standards
- Developing an understanding of pool complex flow
- Developing knowledge of essential computer systems
- Attending management meetings in order to learn more information about different departments within the resort as well as various management positions
- Performing any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management
- High school diploma required.
- Candidate must have the ability to work varying shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Must be enrolled in or a recent graduate of a Bachelor's degree program in Hospitality or Restaurant Management, or a related discipline.
- Candidate must have the ability to speak English fluently.
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Kickstart your career at Nemacolin, a world-renowned luxury resort nestled in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Nemacolin boasts an unparalleled blend of elegance and adventure, offering an array of amenities that redefine luxury. With three Forbes-rated hotels to choose from, guests are treated to the epitome of comfort and style. Our five-star, five-diamond restaurant sets the stage for exquisite dining experiences, while our on-site zoo brings wildlife encounters to a whole new level. The opulent spa, championship golf courses, and a range of outdoor activities, including fly fishing, skiing, and snowboarding, provide a holistic and exciting getaway.
As a part of Team Nemacolin, you'll have the chance to work in a dynamic and supportive environment where your skills and passion will flourish. We believe in fostering growth and providing our team members with opportunities to shine and advance in their careers.
Join us in delivering unparalleled experiences that leave lasting memories for our cherished guests. Real Life Magic meets boundless opportunity at Nemacolin. Come, be a part of it!
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
$1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
*Rewards are not applicable for rehires.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Access to associate-only community rec center, pub, and market.
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
(Keywords: Internship, Restaurant, Busser, Food Runner, Server Assistant, Food Service, Customer Service, Pennsylvania, Hotel, Hospitality)