Front Desk Supervisor
We are poised for explosive growth, expansion and opportunities. Are you? If so, then we have a great opportunity just for you…
The individual in the Front Desk Supervisor position is responsible for supervising Front Office staff, including Front Desk Agents, PBX Operators, and other associates. The Front Desk Supervisor will focus on training and associate development, as well as the implementation of procedures consistent with a five-star resort. This person will serve as a point of contact for guests in handling problems, concerns, special requests, etc.
- Supervising various members of the Front Office staff in order to ensure that guest satisfaction is achieved.
- Providing hands-on support during busy arrival/departure periods and group movements.
- Preventing problems and handling stressful situations in a professional manner, ensuring guest satisfaction and resort profitability.
- Implementing systems and communication between Front Office and Housekeeping in order to manage Rooms Inventory, status, etc.
- Participating in weekly meetings
- Monitoring day end lodging financial reports and providing support to night audit staff and accounting.
- Ensuring timely billing and accurate cash/audit functions with the Front Desk.
- Performing any other essential duties as assigned by members of management.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university and/or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- One year of Front Desk, Guest Service, or Housekeeping experience preferred.
- Previous resort experience with exposure to Accounting, Sales, Recreation, and/or Food & Beverage is a plus.
- Knowledge of Rooms Operations and Guest Service at the luxury level preferred
- Must have computer knowledge.
- Must be able to speak English.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Located in the beautiful Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin is the area’s premier destination for launching a five-star, five-diamond career in the hospitality industry. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Our unique amenities and strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization by offering competitive wages and a comprehensive benefits plan including:
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
$1,000 Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year!
Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days!
*Rewards not applicable for rehires.
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
(Keywords: Guest, Assisting, Friendly, Tidy, Responsible, Pennsylvania, Receptionist, Front Desk, Customer Service, Guest Services, Helpful, Timely, Phone, Telephone, Outgoing, Hotel, Hospitality, Resort, Supervisor, Management)