Golf - Outside Service Attendant (Seasonal)
Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” … You have just come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement ARE the job description. We’re looking for individuals who are committed to making an experience memorable, all while having fun and relishing in the incredible atmosphere of our Resort.
As a member of the Golf Operations team, the Golf Service Assistant will be responsible for performing daily activities at either bag drop (Mystic Rock and Shepherd's Rock). Outside service plays a critical role in the success of the overall golf experience in the eyes of our guests. You will create the first and last impression of the golf operation. The bag drop, staging area, practice areas and the surrounding grounds must be maintained at the optimal level and standards of cleanliness. This includes meeting or exceeding our established standards for associate satisfaction, guest satisfaction (Five Star, Five Diamond service), sales, and financial performance. As a Golf Service Assistant, you must act professional at all times, adhere to the resort's standard operating procedures, and perform superior guest services.
- Pulling and staging carts neatly every morning.
- Cleaning carts thoroughly throughout the day and keeping cart barn free of clutter and garbage.
- Checking the inventory of each cart in order to ensure that there are appropriate amounts of towels, tees, scorecards, pencils, and sand bottles.
- Pulling carts back into cart barn safely and neatly.
- Communicating with Golf Operations Leader or Manager about any issues to include carts, guests complaints, associate issues, etc.
- Obtaining tee sheets from pro shop and pulling any golf bags from bag room and setting them on carts prior to guests' arrival.
- Maintaining knowledge of available merchandise (in pro shop), course conditions, rates, hours of operations for golf ops as well as all outlets throughout the resort.
- Communicating often with starter/ranger as to what tee times have arrived, what tee times are still being waited on, and if the first tee is running on time or open.
- Working knowledge of the sport of golf; general terminology.
- Learning and adapting course knowledge with guests and members.
- Handling walk-up golfers or same day call-ins; managing the tee sheet.
- Maintaining knowledge of 2000 acre resort in regards to giving directions to guests.
- Assisting with tournament operations as needed.
- Communicating with golf ops and turfgrass staff professionally and using hand-held two-way radios as needed.
- Communicating effectively with all departments throughout the resort.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Some college experience preferred.
- Ability to be culturally sensitive and effective in a multi-cultural setting.
- Ability to work weekends/holidays, days or nights with flexible hours.
- Valid driver's license.
- Ability to speak professionally to guests, around guests and likewise with all departments at the resort.
- Ability to speak English fluently.
*Nemacolin requires all Associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19*
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
(Keywords: Greeting, Assisting Guests, Director, Scorecards, Responsible, Golf, Nemacolin, Resort, Driving Range Attendant, Cart Attendant, Greenskeeper, Uniontown, Morgantown, Courses, Pennsylvania)