Guest Services Manager
With everything we do, we believe a stay with us will enhance your life by creating memories that last a lifetime. How do we accomplish this? We place food and service at the heart of everything we do! We just happen to operate a phenomenal resort called Nemacolin; you should come and grow your career here!
We are seeking to fill a key position in our Guest Services department that manages Front Desk Agents and PBX Operators. Responsible for training and associate development, implementation of procedures and policies consistent with a professional world-class resort, as well as, serve as guest contact in handling problems, concerns, and special requests.
Be Excellent, Be Engaged, Be Empowered to Create Lifelong Memories!
- Manage and operate front desk to meet and exceed Nemacolin Standards.
- Work on scheduling, productivity, communicating, and monitoring expenses to meet Nemacolin Woodlands Resort & Spa’s goals.
- Oversee the execution of pre arrival room blocks and special billing.
- Provide hands-on Guest Service support for busy arrival/departure periods and group movements.
- Prevent problems and handle stressful situations in a professional manner, ensuring guest satisfaction and resort profitability.
- Implement systems and communication between Front Desk and Housekeeping to manage Rooms Inventory to ensure arrival rooms are ready in a timely manner.
- Participate in weekly meetings (i.e. departmental, conference group Pre-Con,etc)
- Monitor day end lodging financial reports and provide support to night audit staff and accounting.
- Ensure timely billing and accurate cash/audit functions with the Front Desk.
- Maintain Forbes 5 star standards throughout Check in and Check out Process
- Complete guest satisfaction as indicated by comment cards, letters, and conference group feedback.
- Professional smooth running of arrival/departure periods and billing.
- Managing payroll and expenses to operate within budget guidelines and contribute to resort profitability.
- Effective troubleshooting/problem solving to prevent/limit effect of operational flaws and inconsistencies to guests.
- Pro-active handing of guest opportunities during stay to fulfill their expectations and prevent guests from leaving unsatisfied.
- Effective communication between operating departments to ensure action and procedures occur smoothly and effectively.
- High level of employee morale and teamwork within the entire Front Office Team.
- Development of associates to be better prepared for promotion and increased responsibility.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university and/or work experience equivalent of five years in hospitality industry.
- Previous management experience.
- Prior experience with SMS Host is preferred.
- At least two years of Front Desk, Guest Service, or Housekeeping management experience preferred.
- Previous resort experience with exposure to Accounting, Sales, Recreation or Food & Beverage is a plus.
- Possess knowledge of Rooms Operations and Guest Service at the luxury level.
- Must have computer knowledge.
- Demonstrate ability to direct and manage.
- Good communication skills needed as well as being professional and articulate.
- Must be able to speak English.
- Must be able to work flexible hours, weekends and holidays.
Why Work for Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $125.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 30 days! Receive a second reward of $125.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 90 days!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- X-Plan Ford Pricing
- Verizon Wireless
- AT&T Wireless
- Sprint Wireless
- 84 Lumber