Hotel Front Desk Agent
The individual in the Front Desk Agent position is responsible for creating 100% guest satisfaction by providing efficient and effective service at all times. The Front Desk Agent must adhere to policies and procedures that Nemacolin has established, build positive relationships with guests and other associates, communicate effectively on all levels, and demonstrate technical and customer service skills for his or her assigned area.
- Creating guest satisfaction by providing fast and courteous service.
- Giving personal attention to guests in order to exceed their expectations.
- Listening to any complaints that may arise and working to resolve any issues that guests may be experiencing during their stay.
- Utilizing empowerment to resolve guest issues.
- Providing guests with assistance at the front desk during the check-in and check-out process as well as throughout the course of their stay.
- Personally greeting guests in the lobby or upon initial contact.
- Completing the necessary steps in the registration process as well as the departure process.
- Ensuring that resort guests are familiar with the location of their rooms.
- Promoting resort services and amenities.
- Obtaining signatures and approval of billing statements and guest folios at check-in and check-out.
- Remaining current with all PMS systems such as LMS, SPASOFT, and ARTS.
- Performing PBX functions as requested by the Front Office Manager.
- Assisting guests with mailing needs and business services.
- Maintaining knowledge of the resort’s services, amenities, and attractions.
- Escorting guests to their destinations and providing them with accurate directions.
- Making reservations for on-site and off-site dining, activities, and entertainment.
- Keeping updated information regarding hours of operation, menus, and special packages available at all times.
- Maintaining cleanliness in all work areas.
- Demonstrating knowledge of various local and historical attractions.
- Exhibiting a willingness to learn about the extensive art collection that is displayed throughout the resort.
- Fostering teamwork in an environment that motivates and sustains exceptional levels of performance in all Front Office positions.
- Developing an understanding of the reservation process.
- Upselling available accommodations and services and making alternative suggestions as needed.
- Demonstrating professionalism at all times.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- The candidate must have the ability to speak English fluently.
- Candidates must have the ability to work varying shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Associate’s Degree preferred.
Why work for Nemacolin?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2022 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin Woodlands Resort, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin Woodlands Resort realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and the ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
Awards and Accolades
Nemacolin Woodlands Resort has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
Associate Referral Program
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive- Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount.
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount.
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
(Keywords: Guest, Assisting, Friendly, Tidy, Responsible, Pennsylvania, Receptionist, Front Desk, Customer Service, Guest Services, Helpful, Timely, Phone, Telephone, Outgoing, Hotel, Hospitality, Resort)