Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” … You have just come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement ARE the job description. We’re looking for individuals who are committed to making an experience memorable, all while having fun and relishing in the incredible atmosphere of our Resort.
The HVAC Technician position plays a vital roll in daily resort operations. This position reports to the Engineering Department and is responsible for maintaining and advancing the operations of small and large appliances as well as HVAC units throughout the resort. The HVAC Technician must be comfortable working in a variety of environments including commercial kitchens, guest rooms, condos, boiler rooms, and a variety of resort buildings.
- Technicians are required to read and interpret schematics, wiring diagrams, and other technical materials; purchase electrical and HVAC materials for maintenance of resort buildings; and maintain adequate inventory levels and related records.
- The technician may be required to respond to 24-hr emergency calls for assigned work areas to perform emergency building or equipment repairs during off-duty hours using a vehicle, telephone, hand, & power specialty tools and necessary materials.
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems, make adjustments, repairs and/or performs preventative maintenance on generators, HVAC equipment, vehicles, commercial appliances, or water & waste water equipment, etc.
- Estimate time, cost and material for assigned work, establishing sequences and methods to be used; inspect maintenance and repair work to ensure compliance with specifications; recommend modifications and requirement changes to facilitate completion of assigned tasks.
- Designs, fabricates, or repairs structures, equipment, and/or miscellaneous articles from verbal instructions, blueprints and/or working drawings.
- Conduct periodic inspections of buildings and facilities to determine repair needs. Assist in the development and implementation of preventive maintenance programs.
- Completion of a technical program must have reached Maintenance Technician Level I in one or more trades and/or five years of general building maintenance experience.
- One year or equivalent experience as a Maintenance Tech III preferred.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty staff, students, and coworkers is also required.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening and weekend duty.
- The equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Candidate must have the ability to work varying shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be able to speak English fluently
- Must be able to lift/push/pull/carry no more the 50-150 lbs
- Must be able to stand continously for 80%, operate equipment for 20%, kneel for 50%, bend for 50%, climbing or 50%, and drive for 10% of their scheduled shift
- This job description cannot possibly include a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management's assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be assigned.
*Nemacolin requires all Associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19*
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $125.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 30 days! Receive a second reward of $125.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 90 days!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).