Laundry Facilities Maintenance Technician
The Maintenance Technician is responsible for the daily/routine maintenance of the laundry and dry cleaning buildings. Areas of knowledge and experience would include carpentry, journey-level skills in electricity and controls, journey-level skills in air conditioning/heating and refrigeration, journey-level skills in plumbing, and preventative maintenance'
- Troubleshoots and diagnoses problems, make adjustments, repairs, and/or performs preventative maintenance on all laundry equipment, generators, HVAC equipment, commercial appliances, or water & wastewater equipment, etc.
- Estimate time, cost, and material for assigned work establishing sequences and methods to be used; inspect maintenance and repair work to ensure compliance with specifications; recommend modifications and requirement changes to facilitate completion of assigned tasks.
- Builds fabricate, or repair structures, equipment, and/or miscellaneous articles from verbal instructions, blueprints, and/or working drawings.
Conduct periodic inspections of buildings and facilities to determine repair needs. Assist in the developments and implementation of preventive maintenance programs.
- Provides a variety of journey-level skilled, mechanical, and preventive maintenance duties as well as inspections servicing, repair, and overhaul of equipment for resort satellite buildings.
- Conducting tests and inspections of products, services, or processes to evaluate quality or performance.
- Works independently coordinating daily workflow in maintaining assigned buildings and projects.
- Prioritizes repair requests and plans work to ensure necessary parts are available and tasks are completed quickly and efficiently.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Servicing, repairing, calibrating, regulating, fine-tuning, or testing machines devices, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of electrical or electronic (not mechanical) principles.
- Servicing, repairing, adjusting, and testing machines, devices, moving parts, and equipment that operate primarily on the basis of mechanical (not electronic) principles.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuels, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Train and instruct new contributing and general maintenance technicians.
- Incumbents may perform and combination of the essential job functions related or unrelated as required or assigned by the Director of Engineering or designee per Engineering Team duties, may include but not limited to; snow removal, MP2 System Preventative Maintenance Program, Sanitation, rotating shift, or any other unrelated Engineering job functions.
- Requires a minimum or equivalent completion of a technical program and five years of general building maintenance experience.
- Must have one year or equivalent experience at Contributing Maintenance Tech II.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with guests, vocational students, and coworkers is also required.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening and weekend duty.
- The equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
*Nemacolin requires all Associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19*
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $125.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 30 days! Receive a second reward of $125.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 90 days!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).