Leisure Sales Specialist
With everything we do, we believe a stay with us will enhance your life by creating memories that last a lifetime. How do we accomplish this? We place food and service at the heart of everything we do! We just happen to operate a phenomenal resort called Nemacolin; you should come and grow your career here!
The Leisure Sales Specialist will ensure leisure guests receive exclusive tailored experiences at the established Nemacolin high standards. The Specialist will work with the Director of Leisure Sales, the reservations and operations team to field inbound and outbound reservations with luxury travel advisors. In addition, they will coordinate any guest’s on-site needs and other special projects as needed. This role will also act as a resource to the overall operations of the Resort by providing assistance and direction as needed.
- Provide excellent customer service to our clients and their guests, third party and direct bookings
- Coordinate and conduct client site tours as needed
- Coordinate and maintain vendor/supplier information
- Organize and maintain client listings, client lists, and both external & internal communication
- Assist with preparation for VIP arrivals, including guest recognition, amenities and greets
- Analyze competitive set opportunities and recommend strategies to attack opportunities
- Attend trade shows, office visits and events as needed
- Assist with agent visits and necessary follow ups
- Support leisure sales programs and promotions
- Departmental reporting needs including month end, quarterly, and year-end
- Facilitating resolution when possible or referring individuals to the appropriate manager
Qualifications / Special Skills:
- Previous front desk, reservations and/or concierge experience in a luxury environment preferred
- Previous Property Management System experience preferred
- Ability to be persuasive with telephone sales skills
- Ability to build effective relationships to ensure quality working relationships with all departments
- General knowledge of the surrounding areas and attractions
- Must be able to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Must possess proficient computer skills.
- Highly organized, results-oriented with the ability to be flexible and work well under pressure
- Although this is a M-F schedule, flexible scheduling is a plus to guest and business needs
- Must have strong skills with Microsoft Office products; Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. SMS HOST experience is a plus and Amadeus Advanced is desired.
Other General Job Function:
- Must be able to deal with a high volume of incoming email & telephone communications
- Assist with special projects as needed
- Maintain filing systems, maintain schedules in terms of appointments, travel and meetings, acting as a liaison with departments when necessary and maintain a professional environment.
This job description cannot possibly include a comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties, or responsibilities that may be required by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management's assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be assigned.
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $125.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 30 days! Receive a second reward of $125.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 90 days!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- X-Plan Ford Pricing
- Verizon Wireless
- AT&T Wireless
- Sprint Wireless
- 84 Lumber