Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” – You have come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement are the job description. This position must be committed to making every experience memorable all while having fun and relishing the incredible atmosphere of the resort.
Prepare items as specified on menus in a professional manner. Maintain equipment in a professional manner, take inventory and place orders for assigned station. Uphold and ensure compliance with all company and departmental policies and procedures.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Relevant culinary qualification and experience in either a hotel, resort or quality restaurant
- Experience in a four or five 5 Star property desired
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficient in Windows XP and Microsoft Office software applications such as: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Servsafe Certification preferred
- Consistently aspires to fulfill our core Company values (Respect, Integrity, Passion, Teamwork, Accountability, Caring, Loyalty & Trust)
- Must be detail oriented and able to manage competing priorities in a fast paced environment; able to problem-solve with employees or guests in order to provide a memorable experience
- Must possess a positive attitude and have the ability to work with a variety of people and in cooperation with coworkers efficiently and effectively
- Ability to easily adapt to organizational and environmental changes
- Must be flexible to working days, early mornings, evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Report to work at the scheduled time, neatly groomed and in a clean uniform and following company Dress Code Policy
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Properly execute as a member of the line staff by working constantly and cohesively in a variety of cooking methods to assure timeliness, efficiency, and product integrity
- Accountable for guest satisfaction by ensuring St Joe club and Resorts food standards are met; address guest concerns in a timely and efficient manner and implement/uphold appropriate departmental standards of quality/timing
- Assist Kitchen in managing kitchen expenses to maximize the profitability of culinary operations while delivering the highest quality product to our guests, achieving financial goals within budget guidelines
- Possess above average knife skills, as well as proficiency in varying cooking techniques, saucier, and butchery
- Maintain cleanliness and organization in all work areas
- Uphold appropriate departmental standards of quality/timing
- Uphold and ensure compliance with all company and departmental policies and procedures
- Report all equipment problems and maintenance issues, known safety hazards, or unsafe practices and procedures to supervisor immediately
- Attends all scheduled employee meetings and brings suggestions for improvement
- Willing and timely execution of other duties as delegated by leadership
- Ability to kneel, crouch, squat, climb, stand, sit, balance, reach, bend, push, pull and walk for prolonged periods
- Must have the ability to work for extended time periods in an environment with extreme heat and/or cold.
- If applicable, must have the ability to work for extended periods of time in an outdoor environment, including sun, heat, cold, wine, rain, and higher than normal noise levels.
- Ability to use sharp knives safely and proficiently.
- Ability to operate basic kitchen equipment safely and proficiently.
- Ability to perform repetitive tasks with accuracy.
- Ability to lift, carry, pull and push up to 50 lbs repeatedly throughout a shift
- Ability to read, write and communicate effectively in English, both written and verbal
- May be exposed to mechanical, electrical, chemical and fume hazards
- No visible tattoos, visible body piercing or unnatural hair color or hairstyles per company grooming standards
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be require by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2022 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits.
At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards make Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months and a reward of $500.00 when the referred associate achieves one year of service!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
ASSOCIATE DISCOUNTS AND BENEFITS
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount
- AT&T Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 13% discount
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
(Keywords: Line Cook, Cook, Lead Cook, Recipes, Utensils, Kitchen Equipment, Knives, Kitchen, Restaurant, Spices, Motivated, Enthusiastic)