Lodging Operations Hospitality Internship
The Lodging Intern has the opportunity to complete rotations in PBX, Reservations, and Front Office over the course of the three-month internship program. During weeks one and two, the individual in this position will gain practical experience while working as a Hotel Operator and Reservations Agent. The remaining portion of the internship will involve working as a Front Desk Agent while gaining exposure to various supporting outlets. The Lodging Intern is responsible for communicating with resort guests in a professional manner, developing phone list knowledge in order to transfer calls appropriately, and utilizing LMS computer applications. In addition, he or she assists guests with the check-in and check-out process, makes reservations for resort activities, and maintains updated information regarding resort hours of operation and events.
- Personally greeting guests upon initial contact.
- Performing PBX functions as requested by the Front Office Manager.
- Developing knowledge of LMS computer applications, ARTS computer applications, and SpaSoft.
- Providing guests with assistance at the front desk during the check-in and check-out process as well as throughout the course of their stay.
- Ensuring that resort guests are familiar with the location of their rooms.
- Maintaining knowledge of the resort's services, amenities, and attractions.
- Developing an understanding of the reservations process.
- Making walk-in reservations for on and off-site dining, activities, and entertainment.
- Keeping updated information regarding hours of operation, menus, and special packages available at all times.
- Maintaining cleanliness in all work areas.
- Performing any additional duties and responsibilities as assigned by management.
- High school diploma required.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry is preferred.
- Candidate must have the ability to work varying shifts, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be enrolled in or a recent graduate of a Bachelor's degree program in Hospitality Management or a related discipline.
- Candidate must have the ability to speak English fluently.
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Kickstart your career at Nemacolin, a world-renowned luxury resort nestled in Southwestern Pennsylvania.
Nemacolin boasts an unparalleled blend of elegance and adventure, offering an array of amenities that redefine luxury. With three Forbes-rated hotels to choose from, guests are treated to the epitome of comfort and style. Our five-star, five-diamond restaurant sets the stage for exquisite dining experiences, while our on-site zoo brings wildlife encounters to a whole new level. The opulent spa, championship golf courses, and a range of outdoor activities, including fly fishing, skiing, and snowboarding, provide a holistic and exciting getaway.
As a part of Team Nemacolin, you'll have the chance to work in a dynamic and supportive environment where your skills and passion will flourish. We believe in fostering growth and providing our team members with opportunities to shine and advance in their careers.
Join us in delivering unparalleled experiences that leave lasting memories for our cherished guests. Real Life Magic meets boundless opportunity at Nemacolin. Come, be a part of it!
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADESNemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months and a reward of $500.00 when the referred associate achieves one year of service!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
ASSOCIATE DISCOUNTS AND BENEFITS
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas