The Technician is responsible for the daily/routine maintenance of the resort buildings of various facilities on property. Areas of knowledge and experience would include carpentry, electricity and controls, air conditioning/heating and refrigeration, plumbing, and preventative maintenance. The Technician performs multi-skilled duties in the maintenance and repair of resort buildings, off-campus housing, systems, and equipment.
- Provides a variety of general, mechanic and preventative maintenance duties as well as inspections servicing, repair and overhaul of equipment for resort satellite buildings.
- Works independently coordinating daily work flow in maintaining assigned buildings projects.
- Prioritizes repair requests and plans work to ensure necessary parts are available and tasks are completed quickly and efficiently.
- Inspect drives, motors, and belts, check fluid levels, replace filters, and perform other maintenance actions, following checklists.
- Plan and lay out repair work using diagrams, drawings, blueprints, maintenance manuals, and schematic diagrams.
- Perform routine preventive maintenance to ensure that machines continue to run smoothly, building systems operate efficiently, and the physical condition of buildings does not deteriorate.
- Repair or replace defective equipment parts using hand tools and power tools, and reassemble equipment.
- Maintain and repair specialized equipment and machinery found in kitchens, laundries, mechanical rooms, and offices. Inspect, operate, and test machinery and equipment in order to diagnose machine malfunctions.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Dismantle devices to gain access to and remove defective parts, using hoists, cranes, hand tools, and power tools.
- Respond immediately to fire alarm systems; disengage electrical, water, or gas systems to protect building occupants and property.
- Incumbents may perform any combination of the essential job functions related or unrelated as required or assigned by the Director of Engineering or designee per Engineering Team duties, may include but not limited to; snow removal, MP2 System Preventive Maintenance Program, rotating shift or any other unrelated Engineering job functions.
- Requires a minimum three years of general building maintenance experience or equivalent technical training.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with faculty staff, students, and coworkers is also required.
- Must be willing and able to work a flexible schedule that includes evening and weekend duty.
- The equivalent combination of education, training, and experience may be considered.
- Must be able to speak English.
*Nemacolin requires all Associates to be vaccinated against COVID-19*
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount.
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount.
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
(Keywords: Building, Maintaining, Fixing, Issues, Pennsylvania)