Here at Nemacolin, our associates know to “Expect the Unexpected” – You have come across the career opportunity where entertainment and excitement are the job description. This position must be committed to making every experience memorable all while having fun and relishing the incredible atmosphere of the resort.
As a Night Auditor, you will be responsible for ensuring the accuracy and balance of front office accounting records and preparing summaries of financial data on a daily basis. Night Auditors must possess the skills and talents of a Front Desk Agent, and must be able to run the nightly audit reports.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all-inclusive for this position.)
- Postroom charges and taxes to guest accounts.
- Process guest charge vouchers and credit vouchers.
- Post guest charge purchase transactions not posted by the front office cashier.
- Verify all account postings and balances.
- Reviews all front desk cashier reports, and makes any needed adjustments.
- Generates reports tracking room revenues, occupancy percentages, and other front office statistics. Summarizing results of operations for management.
- Understands principles of auditing, balancing, and closing out accounts.
- Possesses knowledge of how to operate front office equipment, including: computer, fax machine, copier, and has an understanding of point of sale devices.
- Understand and know how to perform check-in and check-out procedures.
- Acts as a Butler on an as needed basis in order to deliver room service orders.
- Responsible for handling any guest concerns throughout the night.
- Responsible for filing guest checks to the appropriate file.
- Maintain a clean and neat appearance in your job dress and your work area.
- Other job duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Friendly and out-going personality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ability to stand up to 8 hours at a time.
- Ability to build effective relationships to ensure quality working relationships with all departments.
- General knowledge of the surrounding areas and attractions.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- The candidate must have the ability to speak English fluently.
- Candidates must have the ability to work varying shifts, including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Previous experience in the hospitality industry is preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent is required.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through the completion of a high school diploma at minimum, as well as prior experience working a guest/customer facing position in hospitality or comparable.
This job description cannot possibly include a complete comprehensive listing of all the activities, duties or responsibilities that may be require by the organization and/or members of management. It reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, but it does not prescribe or restrict the additional tasks that may be required.
WHY WORK FOR NEMACOLIN?
Experience the magic of Nemacolin. Reaching across 2,200 acres in the Laurel Highlands of Southwestern Pennsylvania, Nemacolin offers guests a getaway like no other. Elevated accommodations range from the thrilling grandeur of The Chateau and modern elegance of Falling Rock—both recipients of the Forbes Travel Guide 2020 Awards—to the refreshing ease of The Lodge as well as The Homes and The Estates. And that is just the beginning! Nemacolin comes to life with show-stopping dining from the Forbes Five-Star and AAA Five-Diamond Lautrec; two championship, Pete Dye-designed golf courses; award-winning spa and wellness services; Orvis®-endorsed fly fishing; countless outdoor activities; and snow sports, shopping, wildlife experiences, art tours, magical seasonal events, and limitless fun for all. Adventure awaits. At Nemacolin, we strive to attract, retain, and develop the best and the brightest talent in the field. Unique amenities and a strong track record of exceeding industry standards makes Nemacolin an employer of choice for those looking to pursue opportunities in areas such as lodging and guest services, food and beverage, recreation, culinary arts, golf, and retail, among others. Through a variety of training initiatives and a strong commitment to career development programs, we believe that we can help our associates to develop the skills necessary to advance within our organization.
- An attractive 401(k) plan
- Paid vacation, holidays, and personal hours
- Family medical, dental and vision insurance
- Long-term & short-term disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Educational assistance
- Local and resort discounts
- On-site uniform and dry-cleaning services
- Discounted meals during breaks in the associate break areas
Nemacolin promotes a culture of continuous learning for our associates. We are strongly committed to comprehensive professional development programs:
- Opportunities for advancement – At Nemacolin, we encourage our associates to grow within the organization and gain experience in a variety of departments to better understand the hospitality industry. Nemacolin prides itself on promoting from within the organization, and many of our mid and upper-level managers began in entry-level positions and advanced into their current roles.
- Associate Recognition programs – Nemacolin realizes that our associates help to set us apart from other organizations in the industry through their commitment to providing exceptional service and ability to consistently exceed guests’ expectations. Each month, associates can nominate others who have provided exceptional service, demonstrated leadership capabilities, or excelled in their areas of expertise. Winners receive an award for their efforts and are recognized by members of management.
- Mentoring and coaching programs – As a new associate, we provide a level of mentoring that is best suited to you to enhance your growth and career interests, while sharing knowledge, advice, and encouragement along the way.
AWARDS & ACCOLADES
Nemacolin has consistently been recognized in the hospitality industry for providing superior customer service and outstanding facilities. We are very proud of what we have accomplished, and we would like to have the opportunity to share our enthusiasm with you. Some of our accomplishments include the Forbes Travel Guide Five-Star rating, the AAA Five-Diamond rating, the Trip Advisor Certificate of Excellence, and a variety of other awards from Condé Nast Traveler, and Golf Digest, just to name a few.
ASSOCIATE REFERRAL PROGRAM
- Year-Round Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $250.00 when you refer a new applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 90 days! Receive a second reward of $250.00 when the referred associate continues their employment for a total of 6 months! Receive a third award of $500.00 when an associate continues their employment for 1 year (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Seasonal Referral Incentive - Receive a reward of $100.00 when you refer a seasonal applicant who is hired and is employed for a minimum of 60 days (rewards not applicable for rehires)!
- Enterprise - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate car rentals through Enterprise at a discount rate.
- X-Plan Ford Pricing - As a Ford Partner, Nemacolin gives you the ability to purchase or lease eligible vehicles at Ford Motor Company’s XPlan Pricing. The discounted prices are good on new, leased, or used vehicles. Your family members in the same household are also eligible to receive discounted prices, just because you work at Nemacolin.
- Verizon Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 17% discount.
- Sprint Wireless - A Nemacolin account has been set up for associate to receive a 15% discount.
- 84 Lumber - 17 % (associate must pay to haul).
(Keywords: Night, Overnight, Analyze, Data, Issues, Performance, Speed, Balanced, Reconcile Transactions, Morgantown, Pennsylvania, Uniontown, Farmington, Confluence, Markleysburg, Pittsburgh, Lemont Furnace, Mount Pleasant, Washington, Greene County, Westmoreland, Fayette, Hotel, Hospitality, resort, Lodge, lodging, Assistant, personal, customer service, jobs near me)